Re: $699 Elite 80 tiube amplifier?

  • bearhifi
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5, 2009
      Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...

      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Via" <jvia@...> wrote:

      > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

    • bearhifi
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2009
        Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@...> wrote:

        > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
        >

        > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
        > >
        > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

      • Via
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2009
          The amp is a good design and a good price, no problem there, just think used equipment to be a better buy, especially used equipment from a company the amps like the Elite 80 is based on.

          Jim is out there stalking good gear whenver he can talked to him bout 3 or 4 hours ago.
          Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?

          --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@. ..> wrote:

          > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
          >

          > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
          > >
          > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

        • jimrivers3
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
            Hi Frank,
            jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
            --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@...> wrote:

            > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
            >
            > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
            > >

            > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

          • Blair Chapman
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
              He is using third person also.....

              Hope all is well Jim.

              Blair

              To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
              From: jimrivers3@...
              Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:24:30 +0000

              Hi Frank,
              jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
              --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@. ..> wrote:

              > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
              >
              > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
              > >

              > > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

            • jimrivers3
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
                Hi Blair,
                I feel great. But am putting DIY behind me. Or trying at least. jim...

                --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Blair Chapman <blair_4@...> wrote:

                > He is using third person also.....
                >

                > Hope all is well Jim.
                >

                > Blair
                >

                > To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                > From: jimrivers3@...
                > Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:24:30 +0000
                > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: $699 Elite 80 tiube amplifier?
                >

                > Hi Frank,
                > jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
                > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
                > >
                > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...

              • bearhifi
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
                  Its good to hear from you Jim...Hope to see you at the meet.

                  Frank