Re: [dallasaudioclub] $699 Elite 80 tiube amplifier?

  • Via
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5, 2009
      They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new,  However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same  $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2009
        Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2009
          Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2009
            The amp is a good design and a good price, no problem there, just think used equipment to be a better buy, especially used equipment from a company the amps like the Elite 80 is based on.

            Jim is out there stalking good gear whenver he can talked to him bout 3 or 4 hours ago.
            Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?

            --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@. ..> wrote:

            > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
            >

            > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
            > >
            > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

          • jimrivers3
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
              Hi Frank,
              jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@...> wrote:

              > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
              >
              > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
              > >

              > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

            • Blair Chapman
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
                He is using third person also.....

                Hope all is well Jim.

                Blair

                To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: jimrivers3@...
                Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:24:30 +0000

                Hi Frank,
                jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
                --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@. ..> wrote:

                > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
                >
                > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
                > >

                > > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

              • jimrivers3
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
                  Hi Blair,
                  I feel great. But am putting DIY behind me. Or trying at least. jim...

                  --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Blair Chapman <blair_4@...> wrote:

                  > He is using third person also.....
                  >

                  > Hope all is well Jim.
                  >

                  > Blair
                  >

                  > To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: jimrivers3@...
                  > Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:24:30 +0000
                  > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: $699 Elite 80 tiube amplifier?
                  >

                  > Hi Frank,
                  > jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
                  > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
                  > >
                  > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...

                • bearhifi
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
                    Its good to hear from you Jim...Hope to see you at the meet.

                    Frank