Re: [dallasaudioclub] Anyone her or know anyone with the equipment to test amplifier output power?

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2009

      You could try use the P=V*V/R formula, strapping an adequately rated Resistor across the speaker terminals and measuring the Voltage with a multimeter across the said resistor. Not sure whether regular multimeters measure A/C voltage correctly at all audio frequencies, .. but should give you a rough idea , at least at 50 - 60 Hz input signal.

      Try and fine a local car audio repair place. Car audio folks seem obsessed with output power :)

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 23, 2009
        Blair I have the test equipment you need. A 5 ohm non inductive 335W resistor and associated meters.

        Jules

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 23, 2009
          Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm going to take Jules up on his offer as I know where he lives, plus I really want to hear them on his speakers ;P

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 23, 2009
            Blair,
            I will tag along with you, please,please,please. I am getting bored.

            I see the DOC today. I am going to drop off the two 2"x12"x7' Puprle Hart at Wood World and have them drum sand to a finish. I think it will run $25 which is good.

            To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
            From: blair_4@...
            Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:57:38 +0000

            Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm going to take Jules up on his offer as I know where he lives, plus I really want to hear them on his speakers ;P

            Blair

            Internet Explorer 8 – Now Available. Faster, safer, easier. Download FREE now!