Re: Next meeting

  • blrchapman
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 3, 2009
      This may be my OCD side, but something I have always wanted to see
      happen at some of these DIY/DAC gatherings when they are in someone's
      home is to have a spreadsheet of the different items people bring.
      This, to me, would provide everyone an itemized list of the diferent
      player, amps, speakers, etc. I think it would be helpful to have in
      case you wanted to hear specific equipment.

      It would be nice to have item descriptions as well. Such as (Modded
      OPPO player, misc. PS cap upgrades and DAC upgraded with BB model ####
      DAC chip.)

      If everyone were to RSVP with their attendance and the items they may
      bring, I will maintain the spreadsheet even though I may not be able
      to come due to a possible newborn in my home.

      Thoughts?

      Blair
    • oscar_in_fw
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 3, 2009
        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "blrchapman" <blair_4@...> wrote:

        > This may be my OCD side, but something I have always wanted to see
        > happen at some of these DIY/DAC gatherings when they are in someone's
        > home is to have a spreadsheet of the different items people bring.
        > This, to me, would provide everyone an itemized list of the diferent
        > player, amps, speakers, etc. I think it would be helpful to have in
        > case you wanted to hear specific equipment.
        >
        > It would be nice to have item descriptions as well. Such as (Modded
        > OPPO player, misc. PS cap upgrades and DAC upgraded with BB model ####
        > DAC chip.)
        >
        > If everyone were to RSVP with their attendance and the items they may
        > bring, I will maintain the spreadsheet even though I may not be able
        > to come due to a possible newborn in my home.
        >
        > Thoughts?
        >
        > Blair

        Intriguing Idea. Though it might be a bit of a hassle to keep up with. Nevertheless, I think if we are going to do it, I would think the host should maintain this database/spreadsheet for the following reasons:

        1. The host has a vested interest in maintaining the RSVP list and equipment folks are likely to bring. E.g. such host might have to make a last minute run to pick up lamp cord at Home depot to use for speaker wire no one offered to bring (hint). Last time, we had some Khorns but did not have a 15' foot pair of speaker wires to hook up to it.

        2. Folks are probably going to be making last minute decisions on what equipment to bring. Therefore, a host may be inclined to maintain real-time updates to the equipment list as folks come and go. And guests will be able to look over the equipment list changes in real time.

        BTW, I just volunteered to maintain such a spreadsheet for just this one meeting. I can email the preliminary RSVP list to interested folks just before the meeting.
      • oscar_in_fw
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 3, 2009
          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@...> wrote:

          > Great! April 25th I cant wait
          > What is your address again Oscar?
          >
          > I will bring speakers and pizza!
          >
          > Frank

          Saturday, April 25, noon-6pm (earlier/later times can be negotiated).
          1604 Ridgmar Boulevard
          Fort Worth, TX 76116
          817-569-9315
          oscar.e.bautista@...

          RSVPs w/ proposed equipment list would be appreciated (not required but desired for food/drink/equipment planning). BYOB. Money jar for food though I might try for some horse ovaries (sp?) ahead of time. Last time, I cooked for 10 (er my mom did); then took up a collection for seven (7) large pizzas later on ( It wasn't enough).