Re: Some stuff for sale

  • blrchapman
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2008
      Price reduced on the SE KT88 amp and pictures posted if you are
      interested. Look under Blair's pictures and you will see pics of the
      SE KT88 amp and the chassis with trannys. I'm asking $450obo for the
      SE amplifier.

      Blair

      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "blrchapman" <blair_4@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I have the following items for sale. If you are interested in any
      of
      > them, you can send me an email at blair_4 at msn.com. Too much
      > equipment and looking to downsize a bit. I can provide details and
      > pictures upon request, but it may be monday before you get them
      unless
      > internet is connected at my new house.
      >
      > Parasound PHP-850 with original box and manual: $250 obo.
      >
      > PP KT88 amplifier based on the DIYTUBE driver boards. This is a
      stereo
      > version in a single chassis using a large toroid cased in curly
      malple
      > and aian rosewood. $550 obo.
      >
      > SE KT88/6550 amplifier. Cases in semi-figured black walnut. Very
      nice
      > looking stereo amplifier. About 10W $500 obo.
      >
      > Pair of aluminum chassis with 800vct trannys (I have the tranny
      > schematic written out somewhere). Includes one Hammond Choke IIRC,
      it
      > is a 193J. Includes IEC with filters, and binding posts. Chassis
      are
      > drilled for a single octal tube and a noval tube. Was a pair of
      monos.
      > I can include sockets with assembled SE circuits if you are
      interested.
      > $150 for the pair obo.
      >
      > Thanks for looking. If anyone is near McKinney and would like to
      hear
      > any of this (minus the chassis:P), call me at (972) 832-9169.
      >
      > Blair

    • blrchapman
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
        This is kind of funny regarding the SE amplifier I had for sale.
        Anyone want to try to better this story, go for it. I sold this item
        to a guy that watched it lapse on ebay for $299 plus shipping! I
        needed to clean house badly. It was very nice looking and sounded
        great though the few DAC memebers tht heard it only heard it for a
        few minutes due to a bad diode.

        Anyway, I tossed in a pair of EH KT90s, Sovtek 6550WAs, and a pair of
        Shuguang 6l6GCs(surprisingly sounded very nice). I also included an
        old Mullard made Amperex 12AU7 that had about 10 hours on it. Several
        power cords and a variety of nice by pass caps etc....

        I kept checking the Fedex site and entering the tracking number, but
        it stopped on the 24th of last month. The guy who bought it was a
        good faith kind of guy and kept telling me not to worry because it
        would eventually get there, but after a week and three days past the
        ETA, I called claims and the lady on the phone told me in the fedex
        truck my item was on burst into flames while driving and all content
        was lost. It was quite a mixture of emotions. Part of me wanted to
        laugh hysterically because the chances of this happening are slim to
        none, and part of me was about as aggravated as a person can get
        thinking about all the time and money I put into it. Just crazy! As
        it stands right now, there is a claim with my name on it sitting in
        Fedex Dallas. They guy who bought the amp has been very good with the
        news, but I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. It was a really
        nice looking amp! He asked if I could rebuid it for him, but it would
        be impossible for the $299 he paid for it.

        Anyone able to top that one? Just for consoling purposes...LOL!!

        Blair
      • jimrivers3
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008

          Maybe whatever the FEDEX guy was smoking caused something to burst into flames! 8:-( jim...

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "blrchapman" <blair_4@...> wrote:

          > This is kind of funny regarding the SE amplifier I had for sale.
          > Anyone want to try to better this story, go for it. I sold this item
          > to a guy that watched it lapse on ebay for $299 plus shipping! I
          > needed to clean house badly. It was very nice looking and sounded
          > great though the few DAC memebers tht heard it only heard it for a
          > few minutes due to a bad diode.
          >
          > Anyway, I tossed in a pair of EH KT90s, Sovtek 6550WAs, and a pair of
          > Shuguang 6l6GCs(surprisingly sounded very nice). I also included an
          > old Mullard made Amperex 12AU7 that had about 10 hours on it. Several
          > power cords and a variety of nice by pass caps etc....
          >
          > I kept checking the Fedex site and entering the tracking number, but
          > it stopped on the 24th of last month. The guy who bought it was a
          > good faith kind of guy and kept telling me not to worry because it
          > would eventually get there, but after a week and three days past the
          > ETA, I called claims and the lady on the phone told me in the fedex
          > truck my item was on burst into flames while driving and all content
          > was lost. It was quite a mixture of emotions. Part of me wanted to
          > laugh hysterically because the chances of this happening are slim to
          > none, and part of me was about as aggravated as a person can get
          > thinking about all the time and money I put into it. Just crazy! As
          > it stands right now, there is a claim with my name on it sitting in
          > Fedex Dallas. They guy who bought the amp has been very good with the
          > news, but I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. It was a really
          > nice looking amp! He asked if I could rebuid it for him, but it would
          > be impossible for the $299 he paid for it.
          >
          > Anyone able to top that one? Just for consoling purposes...LOL!!
          >
          > Blair

        • Via
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
            And Fedex will probably fight the claim for not packing in fire proof material
            Maybe whatever the FEDEX guy was smoking caused something to burst into flames! 8:-( jim...

            --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "blrchapman" <blair_4@...> wrote:

            > This is kind of funny regarding the SE amplifier I had for sale.
            > Anyone want to try to better this story, go for it. I sold this item
            > to a guy that watched it lapse on ebay for $299 plus shipping! I
            > needed to clean house badly. It was very nice looking and sounded
            > great though the few DAC memebers tht heard it only heard it for a
            > few minutes due to a bad diode.
            >
            > Anyway, I tossed in a pair of EH KT90s, Sovtek 6550WAs, and a pair of
            > Shuguang 6l6GCs(surprisingly sounded very nice). I also included an
            > old Mullard made Amperex 12AU7 that had about 10 hours on it. Several
            > power cords and a variety of nice by pass caps etc....
            >
            > I kept checking the Fedex site and entering the tracking number, but
            > it stopped on the 24th of last month. The guy who bought it was a
            > good faith kind of guy and kept telling me not to worry because it
            > would eventually get there, but after a week and three days past the
            > ETA, I called claims and the lady on the phone told me in the fedex
            > truck my item was on burst into flames while driving and all content
            > was lost. It was quite a mixture of emotions. Part of me wanted to
            > laugh hysterically because the chances of this happening are slim to
            > none, and part of me was about as aggravated as a person can get
            > thinking about all the time and money I put into it. Just crazy! As
            > it stands right now, there is a claim with my name on it sitting in
            > Fedex Dallas. They guy who bought the amp has been very good with the
            > news, but I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. It was a really
            > nice looking amp! He asked if I could rebuid it for him, but it would
            > be impossible for the $299 he paid for it.
            >
            > Anyone able to top that one? Just for consoling purposes...LOL! !
            >
            > Blair

          • Tom Russell
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
              Not many amps go up in smoke caused by an external failure.