Re: [dallasaudioclub] Re: details on turntable

  • john summit
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 13 7:10 PM
      Jim

      Hey dude did you have soup tonight?

      Johnny
      --- jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:

      > Turntable? What turntable? The Sony mentioned has no
      > arm. Plus I
      > was "reminded" by phone today that I had promised it
      > months ago to a
      > friend in Nashville. Sorry Tim.
      > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
      > nickerson
      > <tim_j_nickerson@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Jim
      > >
      > > What are the details on turntable??
      > >
      > > I thought you had gotten rid of all your
      > turntables.
      > >
      > > Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??
      > >
      > > Tim
      > >
      > > jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:
      > Hi guys,
      > > In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio
      > stuff and parts
      > > stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the
      > Saturday
      > meeting.
      > > This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon
      > resistors, some 9
      > pin
      > > ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These
      > are pulls from a
      > > Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988.
      > Glass Audio and Sound
      > > Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots,
      > transformers, etc.
      > All
      > > the above are freebies. The plus includes some
      > things for sale
      > cheap.
      > > Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and
      > center, Heathkit
      > chassis
      > > and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked
      > electrically and
      > cosmetically
      > > Sony turntable.
      > > jim...

      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > mailto:dallasaudioclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

    • jimrivers3
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 13 7:48 PM

        Well yes brother,I did. But not THAT soup. We had hearty tomato soup. jim...

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, john summit <txslxs@...> wrote:

        > Jim
        >
        > Hey dude did you have soup tonight?
        >
        > Johnny
        > --- jimrivers3 jim@... wrote:
        >
        > > Turntable? What turntable? The Sony mentioned has no
        > > arm. Plus I
        > > was "reminded" by phone today that I had promised it
        > > months ago to a
        > > friend in Nashville. Sorry Tim.
        > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
        > > nickerson
        > > tim_j_nickerson@ wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Jim
        > > >
        > > > What are the details on turntable??
        > > >
        > > > I thought you had gotten rid of all your
        > > turntables.
        > > >
        > > > Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??
        > > >
        > > > Tim
        > > >
        > > > jimrivers3 jim@ wrote:
        > > Hi guys,
        > > > In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio
        > > stuff and parts
        > > > stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the
        > > Saturday
        > > meeting.
        > > > This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon
        > > resistors, some 9
        > > pin
        > > > ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These
        > > are pulls from a
        > > > Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988.
        > > Glass Audio and Sound
        > > > Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots,
        > > transformers, etc.
        > > All
        > > > the above are freebies. The plus includes some
        > > things for sale
        > > cheap.
        > > > Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and
        > > center, Heathkit
        > > chassis
        > > > and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked
        > > electrically and
        > > cosmetically
        > > > Sony turntable.
        > > > jim...

        > > (Yahoo! ID required)
        > >
        > > mailto:dallasaudioclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • blrchapman
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 14 6:10 AM
          I'll help load them, but there is no way the focal towers will fit with
          those arrays. We will not be able to close the tailgate with the arrays
          either. Hope Terrell is flat where Paul lives. Lots of railroad tracks!

          Blair
        • hileman65
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 14 3:32 PM
            Hey Guys

            Come on over anytime after 10:30am. Hey Paul S., I have a fairly
            large living room on the ground floor so don't hesitate to bring
            those big ol monster speakers over. I'm sure we can scrounge a few
            (or several) Bottleheads up to help carry them in.

            Paul

            --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Paul Stewart
            <musicman32150@...> wrote:

            > You help load them, I will bring them. The Focal towers too if you
            have room in your truck.

            > To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
            > From: blair_4@...
            > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:06:11 +0000
            > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead
            gathering plus...

            > So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at
            6:00 am with line

            > arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
            >
            > anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it
            will

            > take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!
            >

            > Thanks,
            >

            > Blair

            > Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
            > http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?
            ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008

          • Ka
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 14 5:50 PM
              Guy,

              More Freebies, courtesy of John Semrad, a box full of PIO capacitors,
              varies values.
              I'll be bringing them in for him.

              Ka
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 15 9:24 AM
                I decided not to bring them for two reasons,  too heavy and the weather.

                To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: hileman65@...
                Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:32:47 +0000
                Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead gathering plus...

                <musicman32150@ ...> wrote:

                > You help load them, I will bring them. The Focal towers too if you
                have room in your truck.

                > To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
                > From: blair_4@...
                > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:06:11 +0000
                > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead
                gathering plus...

                > So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at
                6:00 am with line

                > arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
                >
                > anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it
                will

                > take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!
                >

                > Thanks,
                >

                > Blair

                > Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
                > http://www.windowsl ive.com/default. html?
                ocid=TXT_TAGLM_ WL_Home2_ 082008

                Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How
              • loneloborh
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 16 6:06 PM
                  Many thanks to Paul and family for putting up with all us nutz this
                  afternoon. Had a great time with some great peeps. Thanks again for
                  everything.
                • tim nickerson
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 17 12:59 PM
                    Paul

                    Great setup on your Thiels and great demo of the Thiel Magic.

                    The food was also great.
                    Thanks to you and your family hosting us all.

                    Thanks to everyone who brought gear to demo and the freebies.

                    Tim

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 18 4:28 PM
                      I'll second this. It was a feel good meeting. Good music, good food and
                      great hosting! Thanks to Paul and his family. jim...