Re: [dallasaudioclub] details on turntable

  • tim nickerson
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 13 5:25 PM
      Jim

      What are the details on turntable??

      I thought you had gotten rid of all your turntables.

      Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??

      Tim

      jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:
      Hi guys,
      In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio stuff and parts
      stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the Saturday meeting.
      This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon resistors, some 9 pin
      ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These are pulls from a
      Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988. Glass Audio and Sound
      Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots, transformers, etc. All
      the above are freebies. The plus includes some things for sale cheap.
      Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and center, Heathkit chassis
      and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked electrically and cosmetically
      Sony turntable.
      jim...

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 13 5:34 PM
        You help load them, I will bring them. The Focal towers too if you have room in your truck.

        To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: blair_4@...
        Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:06:11 +0000
        Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead gathering plus...

        So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at 6:00 am with line
        arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
        anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it will
        take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!

        Thanks,

        Blair

        Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
      • jimrivers3
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 13 7:07 PM
          Turntable? What turntable? The Sony mentioned has no arm. Plus I
          was "reminded" by phone today that I had promised it months ago to a
          friend in Nashville. Sorry Tim.
          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
          <tim_j_nickerson@...> wrote:

          > Jim
          >
          > What are the details on turntable??
          >
          > I thought you had gotten rid of all your turntables.
          >
          > Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??
          >
          > Tim
          >
          > jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote: Hi guys,
          > In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio stuff and parts
          > stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the Saturday
          meeting.
          > This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon resistors, some 9
          pin
          > ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These are pulls from a
          > Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988. Glass Audio and Sound
          > Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots, transformers, etc.
          All
          > the above are freebies. The plus includes some things for sale
          cheap.
          > Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and center, Heathkit
          chassis
          > and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked electrically and
          cosmetically
          > Sony turntable.
          > jim...

        • john summit
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 13 7:10 PM
            Jim

            Hey dude did you have soup tonight?

            Johnny
            --- jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:

            > Turntable? What turntable? The Sony mentioned has no
            > arm. Plus I
            > was "reminded" by phone today that I had promised it
            > months ago to a
            > friend in Nashville. Sorry Tim.
            > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
            > nickerson
            > <tim_j_nickerson@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Jim
            > >
            > > What are the details on turntable??
            > >
            > > I thought you had gotten rid of all your
            > turntables.
            > >
            > > Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??
            > >
            > > Tim
            > >
            > > jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:
            > Hi guys,
            > > In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio
            > stuff and parts
            > > stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the
            > Saturday
            > meeting.
            > > This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon
            > resistors, some 9
            > pin
            > > ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These
            > are pulls from a
            > > Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988.
            > Glass Audio and Sound
            > > Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots,
            > transformers, etc.
            > All
            > > the above are freebies. The plus includes some
            > things for sale
            > cheap.
            > > Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and
            > center, Heathkit
            > chassis
            > > and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked
            > electrically and
            > cosmetically
            > > Sony turntable.
            > > jim...

            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > mailto:dallasaudioclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • jimrivers3
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 13 7:48 PM

              Well yes brother,I did. But not THAT soup. We had hearty tomato soup. jim...

              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, john summit <txslxs@...> wrote:

              > Jim
              >
              > Hey dude did you have soup tonight?
              >
              > Johnny
              > --- jimrivers3 jim@... wrote:
              >
              > > Turntable? What turntable? The Sony mentioned has no
              > > arm. Plus I
              > > was "reminded" by phone today that I had promised it
              > > months ago to a
              > > friend in Nashville. Sorry Tim.
              > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
              > > nickerson
              > > tim_j_nickerson@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Jim
              > > >
              > > > What are the details on turntable??
              > > >
              > > > I thought you had gotten rid of all your
              > > turntables.
              > > >
              > > > Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??
              > > >
              > > > Tim
              > > >
              > > > jimrivers3 jim@ wrote:
              > > Hi guys,
              > > > In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio
              > > stuff and parts
              > > > stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the
              > > Saturday
              > > meeting.
              > > > This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon
              > > resistors, some 9
              > > pin
              > > > ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These
              > > are pulls from a
              > > > Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988.
              > > Glass Audio and Sound
              > > > Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots,
              > > transformers, etc.
              > > All
              > > > the above are freebies. The plus includes some
              > > things for sale
              > > cheap.
              > > > Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and
              > > center, Heathkit
              > > chassis
              > > > and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked
              > > electrically and
              > > cosmetically
              > > > Sony turntable.
              > > > jim...

              > > (Yahoo! ID required)
              > >
              > > mailto:dallasaudioclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • blrchapman
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 14 6:10 AM
                I'll help load them, but there is no way the focal towers will fit with
                those arrays. We will not be able to close the tailgate with the arrays
                either. Hope Terrell is flat where Paul lives. Lots of railroad tracks!

                Blair
              • hileman65
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 14 3:32 PM
                  Hey Guys

                  Come on over anytime after 10:30am. Hey Paul S., I have a fairly
                  large living room on the ground floor so don't hesitate to bring
                  those big ol monster speakers over. I'm sure we can scrounge a few
                  (or several) Bottleheads up to help carry them in.

                  Paul

                  --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Paul Stewart
                  <musicman32150@...> wrote:

                  > You help load them, I will bring them. The Focal towers too if you
                  have room in your truck.

                  > To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: blair_4@...
                  > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:06:11 +0000
                  > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead
                  gathering plus...

                  > So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at
                  6:00 am with line

                  > arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
                  >
                  > anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it
                  will

                  > take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!
                  >

                  > Thanks,
                  >

                  > Blair

                  > Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
                  > http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?
                  ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008

                • Ka
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 14 5:50 PM
                    Guy,

                    More Freebies, courtesy of John Semrad, a box full of PIO capacitors,
                    varies values.
                    I'll be bringing them in for him.

                    Ka
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 15 9:24 AM
                      I decided not to bring them for two reasons,  too heavy and the weather.

                      To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                      From: hileman65@...
                      Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:32:47 +0000

                      <musicman32150@ ...> wrote:

                      > You help load them, I will bring them. The Focal towers too if you
                      have room in your truck.

                      > To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
                      > From: blair_4@...
                      > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:06:11 +0000
                      > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead
                      gathering plus...

                      > So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at
                      6:00 am with line

                      > arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
                      >
                      > anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it
                      will

                      > take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!
                      >

                      > Thanks,
                      >

                      > Blair

                      > Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
                      > http://www.windowsl ive.com/default. html?
                      ocid=TXT_TAGLM_ WL_Home2_ 082008

                      Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How
                    • loneloborh
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 16 6:06 PM
                        Many thanks to Paul and family for putting up with all us nutz this
                        afternoon. Had a great time with some great peeps. Thanks again for
                        everything.
                      • tim nickerson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 17 12:59 PM
                          Paul

                          Great setup on your Thiels and great demo of the Thiel Magic.

                          The food was also great.
                          Thanks to you and your family hosting us all.

                          Thanks to everyone who brought gear to demo and the freebies.

                          Tim

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 18 4:28 PM
                            I'll second this. It was a feel good meeting. Good music, good food and
                            great hosting! Thanks to Paul and his family. jim...