Re: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead gathering plus...

  • Wardsweb
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 13, 2008
      Sometime between 11 and 12 is typical, but you can email Paul at  hileman65@... to make sure.

      --- On Wed, 8/13/08, jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:
      From: jimrivers3 <jim@...>
      Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead gathering plus...
      To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 8:50 AM

      I was told 10:30 All answers can be revealed here...
      http://lonestarbott leheads.org/ jim...
      --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "blrchapman" <blair_4@... >
      wrote:

      > Look forward to seeing everyone there! Does anyone have the start
      time
      > for this meeting?
      >
      > Blair

    • blrchapman
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 13, 2008
        So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at 6:00 am with line
        arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
        anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it will
        take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!

        Thanks,

        Blair
      • tim nickerson
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 13, 2008
          Jim

          What are the details on turntable??

          I thought you had gotten rid of all your turntables.

          Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??

          Tim

          jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:
          Hi guys,
          In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio stuff and parts
          stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the Saturday meeting.
          This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon resistors, some 9 pin
          ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These are pulls from a
          Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988. Glass Audio and Sound
          Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots, transformers, etc. All
          the above are freebies. The plus includes some things for sale cheap.
          Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and center, Heathkit chassis
          and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked electrically and cosmetically
          Sony turntable.
          jim...

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 13, 2008
            You help load them, I will bring them. The Focal towers too if you have room in your truck.

            To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
            From: blair_4@...
            Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:06:11 +0000

            So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at 6:00 am with line
            arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
            anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it will
            take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!

            Thanks,

            Blair

            Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
          • jimrivers3
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 13, 2008
              Turntable? What turntable? The Sony mentioned has no arm. Plus I
              was "reminded" by phone today that I had promised it months ago to a
              friend in Nashville. Sorry Tim.
              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
              <tim_j_nickerson@...> wrote:

              > Jim
              >
              > What are the details on turntable??
              >
              > I thought you had gotten rid of all your turntables.
              >
              > Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??
              >
              > Tim
              >
              > jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote: Hi guys,
              > In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio stuff and parts
              > stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the Saturday
              meeting.
              > This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon resistors, some 9
              pin
              > ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These are pulls from a
              > Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988. Glass Audio and Sound
              > Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots, transformers, etc.
              All
              > the above are freebies. The plus includes some things for sale
              cheap.
              > Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and center, Heathkit
              chassis
              > and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked electrically and
              cosmetically
              > Sony turntable.
              > jim...

            • john summit
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 13, 2008
                Jim

                Hey dude did you have soup tonight?

                Johnny
                --- jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:

                > Turntable? What turntable? The Sony mentioned has no
                > arm. Plus I
                > was "reminded" by phone today that I had promised it
                > months ago to a
                > friend in Nashville. Sorry Tim.
                > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
                > nickerson
                > <tim_j_nickerson@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Jim
                > >
                > > What are the details on turntable??
                > >
                > > I thought you had gotten rid of all your
                > turntables.
                > >
                > > Does "Huge rebuilt" mean BIG??
                > >
                > > Tim
                > >
                > > jimrivers3 <jim@...> wrote:
                > Hi guys,
                > > In my continuing effort to de-clutter the audio
                > stuff and parts
                > > stored in my garage, I plan to bring stuff to the
                > Saturday
                > meeting.
                > > This should include Allen-Bradley type carbon
                > resistors, some 9
                > pin
                > > ceramic tube sockets from Western Electric. These
                > are pulls from a
                > > Telco tear out I was involved in circa 1988.
                > Glass Audio and Sound
                > > Practices mags. Various knobs, switches, pots,
                > transformers, etc.
                > All
                > > the above are freebies. The plus includes some
                > things for sale
                > cheap.
                > > Some Klipsch home theater speakers. L+R and
                > center, Heathkit
                > chassis
                > > and transformers, Huge rebuilt/reworked
                > electrically and
                > cosmetically
                > > Sony turntable.
                > > jim...

                > (Yahoo! ID required)
                >
                > mailto:dallasaudioclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              • jimrivers3
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 13, 2008

                  Well yes brother,I did. But not THAT soup. We had hearty tomato soup. jim...

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 14, 2008
                    I'll help load them, but there is no way the focal towers will fit with
                    those arrays. We will not be able to close the tailgate with the arrays
                    either. Hope Terrell is flat where Paul lives. Lots of railroad tracks!

                    Blair
                  • hileman65
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 14, 2008
                      Hey Guys

                      Come on over anytime after 10:30am. Hey Paul S., I have a fairly
                      large living room on the ground floor so don't hesitate to bring
                      those big ol monster speakers over. I'm sure we can scrounge a few
                      (or several) Bottleheads up to help carry them in.

                      Paul

                      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Paul Stewart
                      <musicman32150@...> wrote:

                      > You help load them, I will bring them. The Focal towers too if you
                      have room in your truck.

                      > To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: blair_4@...
                      > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:06:11 +0000
                      > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead
                      gathering plus...

                      > So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at
                      6:00 am with line

                      > arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
                      >
                      > anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it
                      will

                      > take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!
                      >

                      > Thanks,
                      >

                      > Blair

                      > Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
                      > http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?
                      ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008

                    • Ka
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 14, 2008
                        Guy,

                        More Freebies, courtesy of John Semrad, a box full of PIO capacitors,
                        varies values.
                        I'll be bringing them in for him.

                        Ka
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 15, 2008
                          I decided not to bring them for two reasons,  too heavy and the weather.

                          To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                          From: hileman65@...
                          Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:32:47 +0000

                          <musicman32150@ ...> wrote:

                          > You help load them, I will bring them. The Focal towers too if you
                          have room in your truck.

                          > To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
                          > From: blair_4@...
                          > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:06:11 +0000
                          > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Freebies at the Bottlehead
                          gathering plus...

                          > So, it is not appropriate to show up at the door at
                          6:00 am with line

                          > arrays playing 110db? ;) That is fine. Terrell is a little drive
                          >
                          > anyway. If I can con Paul Stewart into bringing his new arrays, it
                          will

                          > take an hour or so to load them anyway. 240lbs each!
                          >

                          > Thanks,
                          >

                          > Blair

                          > Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
                          > http://www.windowsl ive.com/default. html?
                          ocid=TXT_TAGLM_ WL_Home2_ 082008

                          Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How
                        • loneloborh
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 16, 2008
                            Many thanks to Paul and family for putting up with all us nutz this
                            afternoon. Had a great time with some great peeps. Thanks again for
                            everything.
                          • tim nickerson
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 17, 2008
                              Paul

                              Great setup on your Thiels and great demo of the Thiel Magic.

                              The food was also great.
                              Thanks to you and your family hosting us all.

                              Thanks to everyone who brought gear to demo and the freebies.

                              Tim

                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 18, 2008
                                I'll second this. It was a feel good meeting. Good music, good food and
                                great hosting! Thanks to Paul and his family. jim...