Here's a cheap little tube amplifier project

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 7:33 PM
      A pity it's just 1.5 W glorious watts (I'm serious). I haven't compared it with anything high end yet but it's definitely musical, given I built it from odds and ends lying around the house, a pair of old 5K OPTs from a console and a $3 chassis from a discarded router I grabbed at the dallas sidewalk sale . I didn't even bother painting the transformer.

      http://zobsky.blogspot.com/2008/06/12b4a-amplifier.html

      Well worth a build if you have speakers of 97 dB/w/m efficiency or more. Kinda regretting I didn't pay more attention to the cosmetics in the first place.

      ... now to ponder breaking the 100dB/w/m on the cheap.