Re: Great deal on Runco DLP projector

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
      Hi Ken,

      Hopefully you will be ataying in the area. If not I wish you well.

      Take Care,

      Dennis

      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "seyeth" <kleibowitz@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > My wife and I are in the process of downsizing, and will be moving
      > a considerably smaller home next month. As a consequence, I'm
      forced
      > to sell my Runco CL-710 720p DLP projector & Stewart Firehawk 100"
      > screen.
      >
      > Both were purchased from Advanced Home Theater in Plano in Oct
      2003,
      > and are in excellent condition. The Runco has been operating inside
      > custom-made hush box, outfitted with dual whisper-quiet fans and
      > filtering, thereby protecting the projector from any airborne dust.
      > The screen is in likewise pristine condition, other than a little
      > unavoidable dust on it's velvet frame. I will vacuum the frame
      prior
      > to shipping.
      >
      > I paid $10k for the Runco, $1,800 for the screen & $1k for the hush
      > box when new. I'm asking $3,500 for all 3 pieces to members of the
      > Dallas Audio Club & Houston Audio Society before I list them on
      > Audiogon.
      >
      > The projector bulb has approx 1,200 hrs on it, and is only the
      second
      > bulb I've used. It should have another 1,500 - 2,000 hrs of life
      > before needing to be replaced.
      >
      > I also have a pair of Jim Rivers restored Dynaco Mk IV amps & a Jim
      > Rivers modified & built tube linestage for sale. Those of you
      > familiar with Jim's work know how good they sound.
      >
      > If interested, please contact me ASAP, as I intend to list the
      > projector, screen & box on Agon or Ebay early next week. We're
      moving
      > on April 3, and everything needs to be gone by then.
      >
      > I hope someone can take advantage of this great opportunity to
      > upgrade their system to a true Runco home theater experience.
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Ken Leibowitz - member DAC & HAS

    • tim nickerson
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
        Ken

        Congrats on selling the house.

        Good luck with the move.

        That is a great system you have - wish I had room for a projector.

        Tim

        seyeth <kleibowitz@...> wrote:
        Hello everyone,

        My wife and I are in the process of downsizing, and will be moving to
        a considerably smaller home next month. As a consequence, I'm forced
        to sell my Runco CL-710 720p DLP projector & Stewart Firehawk 100"
        screen.

        Both were purchased from Advanced Home Theater in Plano in Oct 2003,
        and are in excellent condition. The Runco has been operating inside a
[...]

      • jimrivers3
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008

          Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...

           I can be reached at 972 470 9107.

          jim...

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

          > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

        • john j via
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
            Ken, $ amount amps and preamp?

            Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...

             I can be reached at 972 470 9107.

            jim...

            --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

            > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

          • Kenneth Leibowitz
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
              Hi John,

              $500 for the amps; $600 for the pre. That's what I paid. No profit. Let me know if you're interested. I've got another guy requesting pix of the amps.

              Regards,

              Ken

              To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
              From: jvia@...
              Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:56:49 -0600

              Ken, $ amount amps and preamp?

              Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...
               I can be reached at 972 470 9107.
              jim...

              --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

              > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

            • Ron H
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
                Message
                Imagine my embarassment...did a little research and viola, found out who ya be.  And I'm on your very own server.  My apologies, sir.

                http://www.eset.com