RE: [dallasaudioclub] Great deal on Runco DLP projector

  • Ron H
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
      Message
      I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
        Hi Ken,

        Hopefully you will be ataying in the area. If not I wish you well.

        Take Care,

        Dennis

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "seyeth" <kleibowitz@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > My wife and I are in the process of downsizing, and will be moving
        > a considerably smaller home next month. As a consequence, I'm
        forced
        > to sell my Runco CL-710 720p DLP projector & Stewart Firehawk 100"
        > screen.
        >
        > Both were purchased from Advanced Home Theater in Plano in Oct
        2003,
        > and are in excellent condition. The Runco has been operating inside
        > custom-made hush box, outfitted with dual whisper-quiet fans and
        > filtering, thereby protecting the projector from any airborne dust.
        > The screen is in likewise pristine condition, other than a little
        > unavoidable dust on it's velvet frame. I will vacuum the frame
        prior
        > to shipping.
        >
        > I paid $10k for the Runco, $1,800 for the screen & $1k for the hush
        > box when new. I'm asking $3,500 for all 3 pieces to members of the
        > Dallas Audio Club & Houston Audio Society before I list them on
        > Audiogon.
        >
        > The projector bulb has approx 1,200 hrs on it, and is only the
        second
        > bulb I've used. It should have another 1,500 - 2,000 hrs of life
        > before needing to be replaced.
        >
        > I also have a pair of Jim Rivers restored Dynaco Mk IV amps & a Jim
        > Rivers modified & built tube linestage for sale. Those of you
        > familiar with Jim's work know how good they sound.
        >
        > If interested, please contact me ASAP, as I intend to list the
        > projector, screen & box on Agon or Ebay early next week. We're
        moving
        > on April 3, and everything needs to be gone by then.
        >
        > I hope someone can take advantage of this great opportunity to
        > upgrade their system to a true Runco home theater experience.
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Ken Leibowitz - member DAC & HAS

      • tim nickerson
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
          Ken

          Congrats on selling the house.

          Good luck with the move.

          That is a great system you have - wish I had room for a projector.

          Tim

          seyeth <kleibowitz@...> wrote:
[...]

        • jimrivers3
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008

            Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...

             I can be reached at 972 470 9107.

            jim...

            --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

            > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

          • john j via
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
              Ken, $ amount amps and preamp?

              Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...

               I can be reached at 972 470 9107.

              jim...

              --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

              > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

            • Kenneth Leibowitz
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
                Hi John,

                $500 for the amps; $600 for the pre. That's what I paid. No profit. Let me know if you're interested. I've got another guy requesting pix of the amps.

                Regards,

                Ken

                To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: jvia@...
                Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:56:49 -0600

                Ken, $ amount amps and preamp?

                Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...
                 I can be reached at 972 470 9107.
                jim...

                --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

                > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

              • Ron H
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
                  Message
                  Imagine my embarassment...did a little research and viola, found out who ya be.  And I'm on your very own server.  My apologies, sir.

                  http://www.eset.com