Great deal on Runco DLP projector

  • seyeth
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
      Hello everyone,

      My wife and I are in the process of downsizing, and will be moving to
      a considerably smaller home next month. As a consequence, I'm forced
      to sell my Runco CL-710 720p DLP projector & Stewart Firehawk 100"
      screen.

      Both were purchased from Advanced Home Theater in Plano in Oct 2003,
      and are in excellent condition. The Runco has been operating inside a
      custom-made hush box, outfitted with dual whisper-quiet fans and
      filtering, thereby protecting the projector from any airborne dust.
      The screen is in likewise pristine condition, other than a little
      unavoidable dust on it's velvet frame. I will vacuum the frame prior
      to shipping.

      I paid $10k for the Runco, $1,800 for the screen & $1k for the hush
      box when new. I'm asking $3,500 for all 3 pieces to members of the
      Dallas Audio Club & Houston Audio Society before I list them on
      Audiogon.

      The projector bulb has approx 1,200 hrs on it, and is only the second
      bulb I've used. It should have another 1,500 - 2,000 hrs of life
      before needing to be replaced.

      I also have a pair of Jim Rivers restored Dynaco Mk IV amps & a Jim
      Rivers modified & built tube linestage for sale. Those of you
      familiar with Jim's work know how good they sound.

      If interested, please contact me ASAP, as I intend to list the
      projector, screen & box on Agon or Ebay early next week. We're moving
      on April 3, and everything needs to be gone by then.

      I hope someone can take advantage of this great opportunity to
      upgrade their system to a true Runco home theater experience.

      Best regards,

      Ken Leibowitz - member DAC & HAS
    • Ron H
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
        Message
        I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

[...]

        http://www.eset.com
      • Dennis
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
          Hi Ken,

          Hopefully you will be ataying in the area. If not I wish you well.

          Take Care,

          Dennis

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "seyeth" <kleibowitz@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > My wife and I are in the process of downsizing, and will be moving
          > a considerably smaller home next month. As a consequence, I'm
          forced
          > to sell my Runco CL-710 720p DLP projector & Stewart Firehawk 100"
          > screen.
          >
          > Both were purchased from Advanced Home Theater in Plano in Oct
          2003,
          > and are in excellent condition. The Runco has been operating inside
          > custom-made hush box, outfitted with dual whisper-quiet fans and
          > filtering, thereby protecting the projector from any airborne dust.
          > The screen is in likewise pristine condition, other than a little
          > unavoidable dust on it's velvet frame. I will vacuum the frame
          prior
          > to shipping.
          >
          > I paid $10k for the Runco, $1,800 for the screen & $1k for the hush
          > box when new. I'm asking $3,500 for all 3 pieces to members of the
          > Dallas Audio Club & Houston Audio Society before I list them on
          > Audiogon.
          >
          > The projector bulb has approx 1,200 hrs on it, and is only the
          second
          > bulb I've used. It should have another 1,500 - 2,000 hrs of life
          > before needing to be replaced.
          >
          > I also have a pair of Jim Rivers restored Dynaco Mk IV amps & a Jim
          > Rivers modified & built tube linestage for sale. Those of you
          > familiar with Jim's work know how good they sound.
          >
          > If interested, please contact me ASAP, as I intend to list the
          > projector, screen & box on Agon or Ebay early next week. We're
          moving
          > on April 3, and everything needs to be gone by then.
          >
          > I hope someone can take advantage of this great opportunity to
          > upgrade their system to a true Runco home theater experience.
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Ken Leibowitz - member DAC & HAS

        • tim nickerson
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
            Ken

            Congrats on selling the house.

            Good luck with the move.

            That is a great system you have - wish I had room for a projector.

            Tim

            seyeth <kleibowitz@...> wrote:
[...]

          • jimrivers3
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008

              Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...

               I can be reached at 972 470 9107.

              jim...

              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

              > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

            • john j via
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
                Ken, $ amount amps and preamp?

                Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...

                 I can be reached at 972 470 9107.

                jim...

                --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

                > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

              • Kenneth Leibowitz
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
                  Hi John,

                  $500 for the amps; $600 for the pre. That's what I paid. No profit. Let me know if you're interested. I've got another guy requesting pix of the amps.

                  Regards,

                  Ken

                  To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jvia@...
                  Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:56:49 -0600

                  Ken, $ amount amps and preamp?

                  Unfamiliar with Jim Rivers? That's one...
                   I can be reached at 972 470 9107.
                  jim...

                  --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Ron H" <ronh@...> wrote:

                  > I'm unfamiliar with Jim Rivers. Do you have contact info for him?

                • Ron H
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
                    Message
                    Imagine my embarassment...did a little research and viola, found out who ya be.  And I'm on your very own server.  My apologies, sir.

                    http://www.eset.com