Re: Nice Looking DAC

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      Nice work Fred, Later I may post that here with your permission. I've
      got ideas for a two box set. Using a different transformer from
      stock. Some AC filtering, an on/off switch and more. There are three
      guys in the club who I've leaned on to do woodwork for me in the
      past. Trading favors helps in the money department. I do believe DIY
      audio can be art AND sound better than most commercial stuff. Ain't
      this stuff fun?! jim...
      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredaudio@h...> wrote:

      > Nice job! I found the same thing with the Scott Nixon DAC. I've
      > found it unnecessary to buy a pricey CD player because the SN tube
      > dac with a mid fi Marantz player as the transport beats the $1K
      > players I have heard. Currently using it in a system with DK
      Designs