Usher 8945P Woofer, Peerless HDS 810921 Tweeter DIY High Fidelity Monitor

  • jktdet
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      This is a great sounding, low distortion monitor. In room extension in
      the mid 30s, smooth midrange and crisp articulate highs. It uses two
      of the lowest distortion drivers available to the DIY market. The
      Usher 8945P 7" midwoofer (available at Parts Express) and the Peerless
      810921 dome tweeter (available from Madisound).

      Project can be built for under $500 a pair and is probably one of the
      very best 2 way stand mount monitors I have ever heard. Incredible and
      musical bass and the Peerless HDS tweeter is amazing. Large soundstage
      and pinpoint imaging there is really not anything bad to say about
      these speakers.

      The crossovers were designed by me and the project was built by a
      friend and fellow enthusiast Steve Krogh. Anyone interested in
      building a pair for themselves feel free to use the data provided and
      contact me if you have any questions.