Nice Looking DAC

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      Nice job! I found the same thing with the Scott Nixon DAC. I've
      found it unnecessary to buy a pricey CD player because the SN tube
      dac with a mid fi Marantz player as the transport beats the $1K
      players I have heard. Currently using it in a system with DK Designs
      hybrid integrated and Maggie 3.6's. Picture of the one I built at
      http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/132868/1/4835923
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
        Nice work Fred, Later I may post that here with your permission. I've
        got ideas for a two box set. Using a different transformer from
        stock. Some AC filtering, an on/off switch and more. There are three
        guys in the club who I've leaned on to do woodwork for me in the
        past. Trading favors helps in the money department. I do believe DIY
        audio can be art AND sound better than most commercial stuff. Ain't
        this stuff fun?! jim...