Scott Nixon DAC new home page photo

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      Scott Nixon DAC with "homemade" chassis, built from one of his kits.
      Here is a nice looking kit project done by an email pal who lives out
      of state. His comments are quoted below. Since at least 6 Dallas
      Audio Club members have Scott's DACs, tube or SS, I thought I'd share
      this photo. I've one on order, my third and first kit version, but
      may not show the insides when finished. It probably won't be as nice
      as Larry's. 8:-) jim...
      Larry says... "Digital made a big sonic step upwards with the
      addition of this DAC in my system It is copper that I had shaped at a
      metal shop, I did some brazing and drilling and then had it powder
      coated. The front and back are veneered with African mahogany which I
      also did."