Do any other members of this group frequent http://www.pandora.com

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
      ... basically a website that streams music free and adapts the play-lists depending on the users' tastes. The selection is vast and the streaming quality not half bad. Did I mention free?

      I figure that if that it might be a half decent way to communicate / share / explore new music in between meetings

      Vinay
      http://www.pandora.com/people/zobsky  ( hopeless incomplete profile :) )

    • James Dolan

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
          That must've been for a vacation. I'm still in the DFW area. I'll try and make it to one of our DAC meetings.

          Not sure why you can only access one station. Maybe you need to register, .. at which point you can create personalized stations based on artist, song name or genre.

          Best,
          Vinay

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007

            You bet… great way to find more obscure new artists. The digital streaming leaves a lot to be desired. I use it on my office pc through a pair of small monitors while I work. Too bad it is only 128Kbps. But for background and getting an idea if you want to buy a cd it is great.

            Dave