FS : Bob Brines FT1600MKII

  • nsrajiv
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2007
      Hi,

      I am downsizing my audio collection, and this was a part of a third
      audio setup that didn't really get off the ground once the Mrs put her
      foot down. I had planned on using it with a vista audio tube
      integrated (sold recently), but 3 audio setups in a 2 bedroom apt is a
      little crowded (!!).

      This is an awesome speaker with lots of detail and bass that one
      normally doesn't associate with full range drivers. Its veneered in
      rosewood, and looks stunning. I finished it with waterlox high gloss
      tung oil finish.

      I bought the flats from bob brines, and assembled them at home. The
      cabinets were then handed over to a professional builder for veneering.

      Asking for $550, local pickup.

      http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=46974.0

      Thought of checking here before going the audiogon route.

      The speakers are very heavy, and i'd highly appreciate a local pickup.

      You can read about the speakers here -
      http://geocities.com/rbrines1/Pages/FT-1600_MkII/Main.html

      Thanks!