Re: [dallasaudioclub] Open House

  • tomjoy@flash.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 22, 2007
      Cameron

      I'd love to see, and hear, your system. If it is good for you, 3:45 to 4:00 would work well for me. I would need your address.

      Thanks

      Tom

      Tom Russell
      2143243732

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 22, 2007

        cameron and DAC-- i appreciate the offer of open house; you are most generous, cameron.  saw the pix and would love to see/hear the system.  i am afraid i will be working tomorrow, and unable to visit.  congratulations on the originality and craft of your work, cameron.

        jim dolan

        I will be hosting an informal open house in south Arlington on Friday, November 23 from 1-7p CST to demonstrate my new quasi-DIY speakers.... .........
        .

      • Cameron Thorne
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 24, 2007
          Tom,

          Thanks again for the demo discs.  We have been listening to them today and really enjoying it.

          -- Cameron

          On Nov 22, 2007 6:17 AM, <tomjoy@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 24, 2007
            Thanks to those of you who stopped by yesterday.  I hope you had a good time.  I certainly enjoyed hearing some new demo material and meeting you.  I know it wasn't a conventional meeting with all sorts of equipment that everyone brings and hooks up, but just a demo of my system; hopefully it worked well enough.

            I've been doing some further tweaking of the system today as a result of several things I noticed yesterday.

            To those other lurkers thinking of hosting an open house, the DAC members who came to my house were very gracious guests and overall I had a great time hosting.

            -- Cameron

            On Nov 16, 2007 9:31 PM, Cameron Thorne < cameronthorne+DAC@...> wrote:
            I will be hosting an informal open house in south Arlington on Friday, November 23 from 1-7p CST to demonstrate my new quasi-DIY speakers.  I am not well equipped to entertain a large crowd, but I would like to invite anyone from DAC who would like to come.  I have never hosted anything like this before, so this should be interesting. :)  I will have light snacks available.  If you are interested in attending, please email me your RSVP and I will send you directions.

            The system is a surround sound setup comprised of 5 Linkwitz LAB PLUTOs, an omni-directional active loudspeaker (http://linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/intro.htm ).  Two of them have the PLUTO+ subwoofer.  I also have a Rythmik Audio DS-15 sealed subwoofer ( http://rythmikaudio.com/) that can handle just about anything you throw at it.  I have been working on this system for about the last eight months in my "spare time".

            Bring your favorite demo material.  My main source is an Oppo DV-980H, which can play Audio CDs, MP3 CDs,  HDCD, SACD, DVD-Audio, and DVD-Video.  Anything else and you will have to bring your own source component.  I am using a Harman Kardon AVR-247 for a surround preamp/processor/DAC/etc.

            Pictures of various phases of my project are available in four galleries:
            http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/LivingRoomAudio
            http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/LinkwitzPLUTO
            http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/LinkwitzPLUTO02
            http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/RythmikServo