Re: [dallasaudioclub] Open House

  • tim nickerson
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 17 6:27 AM
      Cameron

      Beautiful work.
      Great craftsmanship.

      I'm anxious to hear the Pluto setup.
      I'm working on a Orion style open baffle - 2 channel.

      I have heard a lot about the Rythmik Audio subs so anxious to hear that also.

      I live in North Arlington so will swing by sometime on Friday.

      Tim

      Cameron Thorne <cameronthorne+DAC@...> wrote:
      I will be hosting an informal open house in south Arlington on Friday, November 23 from 1-7p CST to demonstrate my new quasi-DIY speakers.  I am not well equipped to entertain a large crowd, but I would like to invite anyone from DAC who would like to come.  I have never hosted anything like this before, so this should be interesting. :)  I will have light snacks available.  If you are interested in attending, please email me your RSVP and I will send you directions.

      The system is a surround sound setup comprised of 5 Linkwitz LAB PLUTOs, an omni-directional active loudspeaker (http://linkwitzlab. com/Pluto/ intro.htm).  Two of them have the PLUTO+ subwoofer.  I also have a Rythmik Audio DS-15 sealed subwoofer ( http://rythmikaudio .com/) that can handle just about anything you throw at it.  I have been working on this system for about the last eight months in my "spare time".

      Bring your favorite demo material.  My main source is an Oppo DV-980H, which can play Audio CDs, MP3 CDs,  HDCD, SACD, DVD-Audio, and DVD-Video.  Anything else and you will have to bring your own source component.  I am using a Harman Kardon AVR-247 for a surround preamp/processor/ DAC/etc.

      Pictures of various phases of my project are available in four galleries:
      http://picasaweb. google.com/ cameronthorne/ LivingRoomAudio
      http://picasaweb. google.com/ cameronthorne/ LinkwitzPLUTO
      http://picasaweb. google.com/ cameronthorne/ LinkwitzPLUTO02
      http://picasaweb. google.com/ cameronthorne/ RythmikServo

      I hope to meet a few of you soon!

      -- Cameron Thorne

    • tomjoy@flash.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 22 4:17 AM
        Cameron

        I'd love to see, and hear, your system. If it is good for you, 3:45 to 4:00 would work well for me. I would need your address.

        Thanks

        Tom

        Tom Russell
        2143243732

        I will be hosting an informal open house in south Arlington on Friday, November 23 from 1-7p CST to demonstrate my new quasi-DIY speakers.............
        .

      • James Dolan
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 22 5:24 AM

          cameron and DAC-- i appreciate the offer of open house; you are most generous, cameron.  saw the pix and would love to see/hear the system.  i am afraid i will be working tomorrow, and unable to visit.  congratulations on the originality and craft of your work, cameron.

          jim dolan

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 24 6:50 PM
            Tom,

            Thanks again for the demo discs.  We have been listening to them today and really enjoying it.

            -- Cameron

            On Nov 22, 2007 6:17 AM, <tomjoy@...

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 24 6:52 PM
              Thanks to those of you who stopped by yesterday.  I hope you had a good time.  I certainly enjoyed hearing some new demo material and meeting you.  I know it wasn't a conventional meeting with all sorts of equipment that everyone brings and hooks up, but just a demo of my system; hopefully it worked well enough.

              I've been doing some further tweaking of the system today as a result of several things I noticed yesterday.

              To those other lurkers thinking of hosting an open house, the DAC members who came to my house were very gracious guests and overall I had a great time hosting.

              -- Cameron