Lat night's meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2004
      Thanks to North Texas Audio Jam at http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/
      and 'everyone' involved. You know who you are. Things are coming
      together in North Texas for audio DIYers and "regular" audio dudes
      and dudettes. After inviting The Jam and The DAC, 26 folk filled my
      house last night. 27 including my poor wife who tried to keep food
      and drink on the table. Good music and good conversation was alive
      and well. I hope a good time was had by all. I certainly enjoyed the
      bash. So much so that I forgot to take photos till late in the
      meeting. Photos will be posted here later today. Two tube audio
      systems were in use and a couple of guys brought their DIY tube and
      speaker projects. The only disappointment was I didn't get a chance
      to talk a lot with each person. Can't wait for the next music bash.
      There was one jacket and one cooler left behind. Darn! No one left
      any CDs or records. When I came up with the DAC club idea, one of my
      goals was to find and enjoy good music I was unaware of. Remember the
      good old days when you could find interesting music on FM? We are a
      diverse group with a loose or non existant set of club rules. Maybe
      each person that hosts a meeting should lay out HIS (or HER) rules
      for THAT meeting. My point being that I most want to learn of and
      listen to new music more and do less swapping and switching out of
      gear. The next host may want to try lots of cable, speakers, amps,
      etc. Most all of us are probably open to some degree of both. When
      you host, let us know your special interests and "rules". jim...