NEW HOME PAGE PHOTO

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007
      My latest phono stage on home page and in photos section under "Ken and
      Jim's phono toys". Most parts are new except original Dyna phono
      circuit board and power transformer. Built inside a dead Phase Linear
      Scratch and Pop Eliminator chassis. A Dynaco PAS with Joe Curcio
      upgrade suggestions. Thanks to member Philip Holmes for that
      suggestion. Checking old schematics, Joe's suggestions bring the RIAA
      curve to about what is in an Audio Research SP6B. The PT is lifted and
      isolated on rubber stand-offs from Tanner's Electronics in Dallas. Also
      from Tanner's, the PS board, UF4007 diodes, all PS caps are Nichicon
      high voltage, high temp electrolytic caps. polystyrene RIAA caps and
      some resistors. Other resistors and 716P film and foil polypropylene
      caps (with copper leads) from www.tubesandmore.com or
      http://www.partsconnexion.com/ Both boards and old stock rectifier
      tube socket are on metal strew/nylon stand-off combos about one inch or
      so. Haven't burned in yet but "out of the box" it sounds fine. May
      build an L-shaped cage between the phono board and PS.
      jim...