Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [dallasaudioclub] Re: New Home Page Photo

Expand Messages
  • Cameron Thorne
    I m disappointed that I missed this one too. It looks like it would have been a lot of fun! I m still building my speakers, a few hours at a time, but when I
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 12, 2007
      I'm disappointed that I missed this one too.  It looks like it would have been a lot of fun!

      I'm still building my speakers, a few hours at a time, but when I finish them I'll let everyone know.

      -- Cameron
    • jktdet
      ... have ... finish ... Cameron, What are you designing? I am working on a line array for one of the guys that was over on Sunday. Using 8 Ascendant Audio 6.5
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 12, 2007
        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cameron Thorne"
        <cameronthorne+DAC@...> wrote:
        >
        > I'm disappointed that I missed this one too. It looks like it would
        have
        > been a lot of fun!
        >
        > I'm still building my speakers, a few hours at a time, but when I
        finish
        > them I'll let everyone know.
        >
        > -- Cameron
        >

        Cameron,

        What are you designing?

        I am working on a line array for one of the guys that was over on
        Sunday. Using 8 Ascendant Audio 6.5" mids, BG neo 8 planar and Vifa XT
        ring radiator for the top end.

        Big, high effeciency speaker. With the exception of the Dayton
        monitors and the Vintage NAS loudspeakers all the others from Sunday
        are my designs. I enjoy loudspeaker/passive crossover design.

        Dave
      • Cameron Thorne
        They are not my design; I m just assembling them. This is my first real foray into either DIY or high-end audio, other than just theory. I bought the design
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 12, 2007
          They are not my design; I'm just assembling them.  This is my first real foray into either DIY or high-end audio, other than just theory.  I bought the design and circuit boards, and am building the enclosures and soldering the active crossovers/amps, though I did modify the crossover points for two circuits.  I've been working on this in my spare time for about the last six months.

          It is a living room surround sound system for multichannel music and movies.  5 Linkwitz Lab PLUTOs (2 of which are plus-versions) and a Rythmik 15" Servo sub in an end-table.  The PLUTOs are active loudspeakers, omni-directional up to about 3kHz.

          http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/intro.htm
          http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/subwoofer.htm
          http://rythmikaudio.com/DS15.html

          An Aura 2" titanium "full-range" driver is employed for tweeter duty, handling just over 1 decade, from 1kHz to 20kHz.
          An up-firing (aka off-axis) Peerless HDS 5.25" midrange (or alternately a new custom Seas driver) handles about 1 decade, from 120Hz to 1kHz.
          A Peerless SDS 10" woofer handles about half a decade, from 40Hz to 120Hz.
          And the Rythmik 15" subwoofer (made by TC sounds) handles about half a decade, from 14Hz to 40Hz.  It will be employed full-time, not just for LFE tracks on movies.

          All crossovers points are electro-acoustic LR4.  The center and surrounds do not have the 10" driver, so they are crossed over directly to the sub at 60Hz (obviously with less headroom than the front L/R speakers).

          Pictures of my progress so far:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/LinkwitzPLUTO
          http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/LinkwitzPLUTO02
          http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/RythmikServo

          -- Cameron


          On 9/12/07, jktdet <dthomas@...> wrote:

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cameron Thorne"


          <cameronthorne+DAC@...> wrote:
          >
          > I'm disappointed that I missed this one too. It looks like it would
          have
          > been a lot of fun!
          >
          > I'm still building my speakers, a few hours at a time, but when I
          finish
          > them I'll let everyone know.
          >
          > -- Cameron
          >

          Cameron,

          What are you designing?

          I am working on a line array for one of the guys that was over on
          Sunday. Using 8 Ascendant Audio 6.5" mids, BG neo 8 planar and Vifa XT
          ring radiator for the top end.

          Big, high effeciency speaker. With the exception of the Dayton
          monitors and the Vintage NAS loudspeakers all the others from Sunday
          are my designs. I enjoy loudspeaker/passive crossover design.

          Dave


        • jktdet
          Wow... great work. Nice design. I would love to hear it. I have read the info on the web about it but never heard one. Dave
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 12, 2007
            Wow... great work. Nice design. I would love to hear it. I have read
            the info on the web about it but never heard one.

            Dave
          • Richard Rea
            Very cool, sorry I missed as well. ... real ... bought ... soldering ... points for two ... last six ... Rythmik ... duty, ... alternately a ... 120Hz. ...
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 12, 2007
              Very cool, sorry I missed as well.


              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cameron Thorne"
              <cameronthorne+DAC@...> wrote:
              >
              > They are not my design; I'm just assembling them. This is my first
              real
              > foray into either DIY or high-end audio, other than just theory. I
              bought
              > the design and circuit boards, and am building the enclosures and
              soldering
              > the active crossovers/amps, though I did modify the crossover
              points for two
              > circuits. I've been working on this in my spare time for about the
              last six
              > months.
              >
              > It is a living room surround sound system for multichannel music and
              > movies. 5 Linkwitz Lab PLUTOs (2 of which are plus-versions) and a
              Rythmik
              > 15" Servo sub in an end-table. The PLUTOs are active loudspeakers,
              > omni-directional up to about 3kHz.
              >
              > http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/intro.htm
              > http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/subwoofer.htm
              > http://rythmikaudio.com/DS15.html
              >
              > An Aura 2" titanium "full-range" driver is employed for tweeter
              duty,
              > handling just over 1 decade, from 1kHz to 20kHz.
              > An up-firing (aka off-axis) Peerless HDS 5.25" midrange (or
              alternately a
              > new custom Seas driver) handles about 1 decade, from 120Hz to 1kHz.
              > A Peerless SDS 10" woofer handles about half a decade, from 40Hz to
              120Hz.
              > And the Rythmik 15" subwoofer (made by TC sounds) handles about
              half a
              > decade, from 14Hz to 40Hz. It will be employed full-time, not just
              for LFE
              > tracks on movies.
              >
              > All crossovers points are electro-acoustic LR4. The center and
              surrounds do
              > not have the 10" driver, so they are crossed over directly to the
              sub at
              > 60Hz (obviously with less headroom than the front L/R speakers).
              >
              > Pictures of my progress so far:
              > http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/LinkwitzPLUTO
              > http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/LinkwitzPLUTO02
              > http://picasaweb.google.com/cameronthorne/RythmikServo
              >
              > -- Cameron
              >
              >
              > On 9/12/07, jktdet <dthomas@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com<dallasaudioclub%
              40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > "Cameron Thorne"
              > >
              > > <cameronthorne+DAC@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I'm disappointed that I missed this one too. It looks like it
              would
              > > have
              > > > been a lot of fun!
              > > >
              > > > I'm still building my speakers, a few hours at a time, but when
              I
              > > finish
              > > > them I'll let everyone know.
              > > >
              > > > -- Cameron
              > > >
              > >
              > > Cameron,
              > >
              > > What are you designing?
              > >
              > > I am working on a line array for one of the guys that was over on
              > > Sunday. Using 8 Ascendant Audio 6.5" mids, BG neo 8 planar and
              Vifa XT
              > > ring radiator for the top end.
              > >
              > > Big, high effeciency speaker. With the exception of the Dayton
              > > monitors and the Vintage NAS loudspeakers all the others from
              Sunday
              > > are my designs. I enjoy loudspeaker/passive crossover design.
              > >
              > > Dave
              > >
              > >
              > >
              >
            • jimrivers3
              Ken Valliant s second DIY 12 inch tonearm. This one all wood arm. The first was graphite. Beautiful! jim...
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 26, 2009
                Ken Valliant's second DIY 12 inch tonearm. This one all wood arm. The first was graphite. Beautiful! jim...
              • ERIC TUCKER
                My son sent me this link -- Not directly related to the purview of this group but still pretty cool:
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 29, 2009

                   My son sent me this link -- Not directly related to the purview of this group but still pretty cool:
                   
                  http://www.boingboing.net/2009/06/29/chess-set-made-from-1.html
                   
                  --Eric Tucker

                • V.G.B.
                  good to excellent condition vintage power amplifier (apart from 1 or 2 burnt out light bulbs in the VU meter)   This is one of the VERY few that had a brass
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 2, 2009

                    good to excellent condition vintage power amplifier (apart from 1 or 2 burnt out light bulbs in the VU meter)

                     

                    This is one of the VERY few that had a brass face. I unfortunately rubbed the lettering off when I polished the face a few years ago.

                     

                    Serious buyers , .. mail me for pics.

                     

                     

                    Thanks


                  • Paul Stewart
                    Audio event on the 22nd of August, Saturday at my house Paul Stewart in Allen TX @ 820 Parkview Circle. From 2:00PM till ? Buy, sell, trade, listen, party
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 27, 2009


                       

                                  Audio event on the 22nd of August, Saturday  at my house Paul Stewart in Allen TX @ 820 Parkview Circle.

                       

                      From 2:00PM till ?

                       

                      Buy, sell, trade, listen, party (BYOB), and ????.

                       

                      R.S.V.P.

                       

                      What equipment you will bring, or what equipment you are looking for.

                       

                      DIYers, support your audio habbit.

                       

                      Donations for Pizza.

                       

                       

                      INPUT---INPUT---INPUT---






                      Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Celebrate the moment with your favorite sports pics. Check it out.
                    • Paul Stewart
                      Update---ZIP 75002 From: musicman32150@hotmail.com To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com Subject: Audio Event Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:10:53 -0500 Audio event
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 27, 2009
                        Update---ZIP 75002


                        From: musicman32150@...
                        To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                        Subject: Audio Event
                        Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:10:53 -0500



                         

                                    Audio event on the 22nd of August, Saturday  at my house Paul Stewart in Allen TX @ 820 Parkview Circle.

                         

                        From 2:00PM till ?

                         

                        Buy, sell, trade, listen, party (BYOB), and ????.

                         

                        R.S.V.P.

                         

                        What equipment you will bring, or what equipment you are looking for.

                         

                        DIYers, support your audio habbit.

                         

                        Donations for Pizza.

                         

                         

                        INPUT---INPUT---INPUT---






                        Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Celebrate the moment with your favorite sports pics. Check it out.

                        Bing™ brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Try it now.
                      • grampa...
                        On the front page. Ken Valliant s latest speaker project. Felt surrounds cut in a star pattern. Two Parasound Z-Amps both bridged to mono. Martin J. King
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 13, 2010
                          On the front page.
                          Ken Valliant's latest speaker project.
                          Felt surrounds cut in a star pattern.
                          Two Parasound Z-Amps both bridged to mono.
                          Martin J. King design using Jordan JX92S full range driver and Goldwood 18" woofer.
                          Crossover values available on his website.
                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.