Meet this Sunday

  • jktdet
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2007
      Georgous open baffles on the web page. Would love to no more details
      like the type of drivers, crossover, measurements and impedance
      plots. I have designed about a half dozen dipole loudspeakers for
      myself and others and truly love them.

      This Sunday a few of us have planned a meet at my home. There will
      be tube gear, a couple of loudspeakers one is a Dayton RS/Seas/Seas
      3 way dipole midrange, the other is a conventional 3 way using OEM
      poly/Kevlar treated paper woofer and midrange. Both are exceptional
      sounding plus what ever else the regulars show with.

      Our little get togethers tend to be lightly focused on the technical
      side but the group is not all a bunch of engineers rather a mish-
      mash of techies and non-techies. Most of the guys are DIYers.
      Currently there are 5 people attending. Any and all are welcome. I
      can easily accomodate a few dozen. So if you like DIY speakers/amps,
      tube swapping, or just having a beer and seeing what others are
      doing you are very welcome to attend. All I ask is that you RSVP.

      It is at my home:

      1661 Terrace Drive
      Lantana, TX 76226

      BYOB please.... light appetizers will be provided.

      Please RSVP to:
      940-728-1381

      It is located about 20 minutes due north of DFW, near Flower Mound,
      Argyle area. I have a large dedicated listening room 16' x 19' and
      we can move out some of the heavy furniture and bring a lot of
      chairs.

      My primary system is a KT88 amp with Gold Lions outputs, a heavily
      modded Lite Audio DAC, Pioneer elite SACD player. Plus a few other
      tube amps and ss amps if there is any interest. I suspect there will
      be a few other peices of gear brought over and you are welcome to
      bring anything you like. This group likes to talk about anything
      associated with Stereo HiFi, also there are some very good technical
      resources if you are interested in getting into DIY. We like Music
      too, the better the recordings the better. So feel free to bring
      your favorite cds. ALso I do not have a turntable but feel free to
      bring a turntable and preamp if you wish.