Next meeting planned for Thursday, November 11, 2004

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2004
      The next meeting is planned for Thursday, November 11, 2004

      Greetings Dallas Audio Club members and Devotees of Vacuum Tube
      Audio

      I will be hosting the next meeting on Thursday evening from 6:00
      P.M. until 10 or so in the evening. Food will be softdrinks, pizza,
      Subway sandwiches and maybe more. BYOB. Depending on December holiday
      commitments, this may be the last scheduled meeting of 2004. For your
      listening enjoyment, there will be two rooms set up.

      ROOM 1:
      Snell C/V (5) speakers. 90db efficient
      Speaker cable Vampire Wire CCC from Chimera Labs
      Amp pair #1: AES (Cary) 845 single ended monos, 32 watts per channel
      Amp pair #2: Dynaco MK IV's Mullard EL34's
      Linestage Alan Kimmel base, Handmade by Jim. Uses two 6CG7's/HEXFETs
      in a Mu follower setup.
      All interconnects and most internal wiring is Audioquest long-grain
      copper or Vampire Wire Continuous Cast Copper.
      CD transport is a heavily damped and tweaked Pioneer DVD player
      driving a Scott Nixon tube output DAC.
      At least one turntable will be in operation in at least one system...
      A Denon AC Direct Drive with Shure V15 or a Music Hall MMF-7 with
      high output moving coil.
      A modified Dynaco PAS phono stage with no electrolytics in the B+.
      Mac MR 67 tube tuner
      RF transmitted computer stored music.
      ROOM #2:
      JM Lab Daline 3.1 transmission line/ported speakers 91 db efficient
      (or so they claim)
      Speaker cable Vampire Wire CCC from Chimera Labs
      Amp pair #1: Heatkit iron including Acrosound TO-300 output
      transformers. long tailed pair circuit designed by Walter
      Delesandri, homemade by Jim.
      Linestage Alan Kimmel base, Handmade by Jim. Uses two 6CG7's/HEXFETs
      in a Mu follower setup. Internally, similar to the living room
      linestage.
      All interconnects and most internal wiring is Vampire Wire Continuous
      Cast Copper.
      Digital sources includes a second Scott Nixon DAC plus a modified
      Rotel DAC/switcher that handles most non Redbook CD based digital.
      This would include HDTV, DTV, DVD, DAT, computer stored music coax
      fed to the DAC.
      Polk Audio sub for movies
      There will be room and time to listen to other tube amps / tube
      preamps / phono stages, SACD and DACs that may be brought by guests
      Including my pair of Fried TL speakers, a pair of 300B amps or
      two....... Maybe other Jim goodies if I can finish building them
      before the meeting. Come one, come all and have a good listen. jim...
    • tim nickerson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2004
        Jim

        I'm looking forward to the meeting.
        Looks like you have some nice toys to play with.
        Actually, pretty serious stuf since you built most of
        it.

        I'll need directions as I don't know where you live.
        I finally got my email working again so I'm
        re-connected to the world. ($&)(#*w^R VIRUSES

        Tim