Re: New poll for dallasaudioclub

  • oscar_in_fw
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 22, 2007
      Okay, My 2 cents worth. I thought I knew what I was doing trying work my way into a hi-
      end system mostly on my own. I found out differently when I found the Dallas Audio Club
      and North Texas Audio Jam (or whatever it's called nowadays). Definite learning curve;
      now I'm still in "dreaming of an All-tube system" mode. I'd support meetings just to
      listen to different setups and acquire other viewpoints.

      I've only hosted one (1) meeting which turned into a rather large affair with 35 people
      coming over bringing a multitude of DIY projects which we set up (if only for a short time)
      in the rather large (if acoustically-challenged) living room. My system is geared more
      towards 2-channel and Multichannel SACD/DVD-A and Hi-Def Home Theater with mostly
      Solid State components; too bright for many of Y'all; even the 2-channel tubed Preamp I'm
      experimenting with. Also, no vinyl (yet).

      I'd be glad to host another such large meeting but you'd have to bring your own tubed
      equipment/systems and vinyl setups, I don't have a 2nd system setup (yet), but I still have
      a large, mostly empty living room to fill up and now an empty bedroom for a 3rd setup
      and room to possibly shoe in a 4th setup. The downside is I'm on the West side of Fort
      Worth so it would have to be a once in a blue moon affair. It'll be a catered affair as well;
      last time we had to last minute order up seven (7) large pizzas on top of the food I had
      originally prepared and we finished all of it (I even made a modest profit).

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 7, 2007
        dallasaudioclub group:

        What do you think would be the maximum number of folks
        at a gathering and it still be about the music?

        o 3
        o 7
        o 10
        o 15