Events

  • blrchapman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2007
      Okay gentlemen,

      That was more activity than I have seen on this board in quite some
      time so obviously there are several still interested in keeping this
      alive for the sake of musical fidelity (Not the company);)

      There have been several ideas set forth I really do like such as the
      idea of having discussion groups separate from listening groups.
      There is nothin more aggitating then showing up to a DIY event and
      finding out that you can't even hear the audio equipment. I have
      assembled several events in the past and not once had this problem.
      As a matter of fact the food typically is hardly touched at these
      events. I do think there is a time and place for audio discussions,
      but it should be held either post event at a venue or pre event while
      there is dead time and guests are arriving. As far as hosting and
      numbers are concerned, typically what I have had to do in the past is
      post the event with an RSVP and allow only X amount of respondees to
      attend the event. I keep track of who has RSVP'd and only send those
      respondees the actual event flyer or email. There will be other
      events in the future for those who do not RSVP in time. Plus, if we
      continue this, everyone will eventually get to hear more gear because
      it is more likely people will host again if it is manageable.
      Whomever is volunteering to host should contact me with the maximum
      number of guests and I will be glad to incorporate that in the event
      posting. It typically works out very well.

      Thoughts / suggestions?