Re: This Club: New management/ownership

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 20, 2007
      Tom: For whatever reason. Probably my own "old fart" brain, I never understood you to offer holding a meeting. My bad and sorry.
      Dennis: In the beginning, I wanted the club to be about listening to music, not gear necessarily. That seemed to tick off several folks in one of my early meetings.
      Frank: You are correct sir. The club rule has always been... the host decides on the format. Music, gear, selling/swapping, whatever. After all, it's his (or her) house. The host makes the rules.
      Group: Hey, I've got dialog flowing now!
      Group: This group was meant to be about vinyl, CD and all other formats!  Listening and sharing music.

           I've learned a lot since I started the club.
      One: With 31 people in your house, it's not about the music any more. Plus the cat was crazy for weeks. Two of those was enough.
      Two: For several months, I asked for people to have a meeting and all I got was dead silence in this group. Except finally for Frank and Russ. Maybe that's when things started to go sour. At least for me.
      Three: For me, 10 or less at a meeting is as much as my house can hold and still be about the music. One reason I asked members to hold smaller gatherings and report on new music, etc.  That never happened.
      Four: I'm old and tired and am willing to turn over or share the group with one or more younger leaders who want to try new ideas and things.
        jim...
    • jktdet
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 20, 2007
        Jim,

        I am old too. I really guys like Blair and the others will help.
        Thanks for bringing up Frank... he was the guy who hosted the last two
        meets I went to. I like the music aspect... heck I would probably not
        know who Katie Melua was had I not attended one of these meetings. I
        use her cds to voice crossovers with. I like the technical side too
        but I mostly just enjoy people who want to save stereo hifi and
        realize that ipods are great for airplanes and basically nothing else.

        I would love to host a meeting and hope you are up to attending.