Re: [dallasaudioclub] active crossover and amp choice

  • Chris Noble
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2007
      Can't help you on this one, but I'm glad to see the inbox light up.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2007
        I belive I have most all the information that I need to do this right the first time and keep it within a tight budget.
        Sure would be easier if I had the SAF(spose aproval factor). But, it's preaty low, she even shot down me setting up a small 2ch system in our bed room :(
        Some day a biger house with an extra room, lol.

        Richard

        Can't help you on this one, but I'm glad to see the inbox light up.
        Sure is quite in here. Thought I might stur things up a bit :)
        I have a new project, I'm going to go active on my front speakers(this
        system dose both 2ch for music and suround for movies). My plan it to
        do the LCR speakers. I was orginaly planning to use some older Marantz
        MA700 mono blocks for the job. Now I'm thinking of useing some Acurus
        A200 x3 amps. I'm thinking the Acurus may be the better sound quality
        amp. But not sure. Has anyone here owned eithr or both amps? Or have
        had the opertunity to hear them?

        Richard

        Richard Rea
        a man of few words :)