Re: Where can I buy audio ports in the metroplex

  • jktdet
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2007
      Being an avid speaker designer, I ditto the precision ports. Their 3
      peice construction also allow for testing different tuning frequencies
      fairly easily.

      PVC pipe works well also that can be add at any Home Depot or Lowes.

      Dave
    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2007
        Actually you might consider doing what Frasier did with their
        cabinets. You mount the back panel on four to six threaded studs, so
        you can adjust a gap or slot between the back panel and side panels.
        This allows you to tune the bass performance for the best sound.

        You can install a styrofoam pyramid on the back panel to prevent a
        back wave distorting the cone movement.

        Doing this to the bottom panel on home audio speakers, in my opinion
        offers much better performance than round ports, since you can tune
        the speaker's bass performance to your listening room.