Note from Houston to Dallas on Audio fest

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2007
      Below is a message off the Houston Audio Society group about the
      Audiofest. jim...

      Re: Lone Star Audio Fest - May 4-6

      I still get emails from my former audio club in New Orleans. I
      thought I'd share an email I received from them (Duke Lejeune
      specifically) regarding the Lone Star Audio Fest and other tangents
      from Duke that may be of interest.

      Many of you probably know Duke from the online message boards. If
      he's coming down all the way from Idaho (he moved from New Orleans
      too) for the show, I would presume the show has some potential.

      "Greetings Audio Club members,

      I wanted to let ya'll know about a very enjoyable internet radio
      station, ART Radio. It's the creation of Melissa Parham, whose
      husband Wayne (of Pi Speakers) has instigated the Lone Star Audio
      Fest coming up in Dallas on May 4-6.

      Here's a link to the Lone Star Audio Fest site, where I'll be
      sharing an exhibit room with Richard (Gray) and Nick:

      http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

      Anyway, the radio station is called ART Radio (stands for Audio
      Round Table - Wayne's internet forum), and here is a link from which
      you can access the streaming audio:

      http://audioroundtable.com/General/messages/4380.html

      The playlist is compiled by Melissa from songs that the listeners
      recommend. How cool is that?? One of my older son's songs made it
      onto the playlist, so if you hear "Switchtech Circuitry" by Klez -
      that's Joseph. The song's style is something that Arthur Jung
      might listen to - Lori and I both think of Arthur when we hear it.

      We miss ya'll.

      Here's a link to the Audio Round Table main page:

      http://www.audioroundtable.com/

      Under "sponsored forums" you might see a name you recognize.

      Let me put in a plug for Wayne: He devotes a great deal of time,
      money and energy to promoting high end audio. His company, Pi
      Speakers, is basically superb high-efficiency designs that he will e-
      mail you the plans for, free of charge! And even if you purchase
      completed speakers, the price is still very low considering the
      parts cost. Wayne is definitely one of the good guys. He taught
      me a great deal about crossover design in a free seminar he gave at
      the sadly discontinued Midwest Audio fest a few years ago, which I
      attended with Jim Clark.

      Meanwhile I'm trying to start up an audio club here in potatoland,
      and our first meeting will be this Friday the 20th. Half the
      people there will be sharks (dealers), and half swimmers (the rest
      of the world). Oh well, gotta start somewhere.

      Cheers,

      Duke"