Dust and audio/video equipment.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2007
      Dust and audio/video equipment.

      Dust loves electronics and it seems I spend a lot of time dusting my
      gear. More so than the rest of the house. Weapons used in my dust war
      have been feather dusters, cotton rags, damp cotton rags, glass
      cleaner on the TV screen. It's a CRT. Even anti static sprays
      designed for clothing and those designed to keep dust off ceiling fan
      blades. These with mixed results. I always keep in mind some such
      chemical could harm audio gear surfaces. And in my case home made
      wood chassis. I'm sure I'm not the first to discover this little
      trick but I tried a paint brush with 2 and 1/4 inch long soft
      bristles the other day. It proved very useful and effective when
      brushing on and around tubes and transformers on my amps. Getting to
      nooks and crannies in a quick, time saving, effective way. It really
      worked well in, on and around odd crevices and cracks of the tonearm,
      cartridge and under the platter edges. A much more secure feeling
      than a cloth and the worries of snagging that stylus. Anyway, it
      seems to be a good weapon in the war on dust. Hope this is useful to
      some. Any other ideas on keeping dust at bay? 8:-) jim...