For Sale: Paradigm Servo-15 subwoofer

  • seyeth
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13 7:32 PM

      I'm considering purchasing the new JL Audio Fathom F113 subwoofer that has gotten rave reviews from users and TAS. I guess I'm a subwoofer junkie, since this will make my 8th subwoofer in as many years. Before I place my order though, I'd like to sell my current sub, a Paradigm Servo-15 in Black Ash.

      It's in very good cosmetic condition and performs flawlessly. I bought the sub about a year ago from our recently departed friend Dave Kemp, a fellow club member, and paid $850. It sold for $1,500 new. Dave bought it for his home theater system, but since he was a 2-ch audiophile at heart, he rarely used it, and that's why he sold it to me. Since owning it, I've probably only put on another 100 hours, so it's got VERY low mileage on it. This is the same model that Kal Rubinson of Stereophile has used as his reference for many years.

      I don't have the shipping box, and would prefer not having to hassle with packing and shipping, so I'd like to sell it to someone living in the Dallas/Ft Worth or Houston areas. There are a couple of these subs currently on Audiogon listed for $2,200 & $1,000 in maple & cherry. I'll sell my Black Ash model for $575 to any interested member of the Dallas Audio Club or Houston Audio Society. It would be most helpful if the buyer could pick it up at my house in Dallas, but if necessary, I can deliver.

      Thanks for taking the time to read this post. Someone will be getting a heck of a good deal and an even better subwoofer.

      Ken Leibowitz

    • russman_dac
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19 10:24 PM
        Do you have the X-30 controller also? The Servo 15 is to be dealt
        with. What a great sub.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20 11:26 AM
          Hello,

          More desperate measures to reclaim living space ;)

          This is just for the ported sonotube enclosure ie. NO DRIVER, NO AMPLIFIER The cardboard tube is covered in black felt and the top and bottom end caps are unfinished birch with the driver top firing and the port bottom firing. One pair of 5 way binding posts at the bottom.

          It's about the size and dimensions of an oil drum (around 135 liter internal volume). I built it a few years ago to work with an Adire Shiva MkIV 12" subwoofer and tuned it to 17 Hz (EBS aligned). It worked very well. The driver is NOT for sale.

          I'm asking $25 firm, which is much less than 1/2 of what I put into it. This was an excellent home theater subwoofer with the original driver, and probably a good experimental enclosure for someone wanting to try out different drivers (Dayton 12 DVC should be a close match, at first glance)

          Pickup in Plano, Tx.
          Mail for pix if interested.

          Thanks

          in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel