Questions Fred...

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8 8:16 AM
      (1) When you say your Squeezebox 3 is unmodified, did you stop using your linear power supply? I bought one and like it better than the switching PS. I also built a box between the L-PS and SQ 3 and added two caps and a choke to, hopefull, block a little more noise.
      (2) Is your SQ 3 hardwired or running through a router?
      (3) Will every "transport/hard drive" be plugged into one DAC to set a standard?
      (4) Will there be dark beer?
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8 6:21 PM
        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jim@...> wrote:

        > (1) When you say your Squeezebox 3 is unmodified, did you stop using
        > your linear power supply?

        I'm still using the Elpac linear supply for my listening, but for
        this meeting I'll be using the switching ps so everybody will be able
        to hear a completely stock SB3 as the starting reference. We'll go up
        from there.

        (2) Is your
        > SQ 3 hardwired or running through a router?

        All three Slim Devices will receive their feed from the wireless
        router.

        (3) Will every
        > "transport/hard drive" be plugged into one DAC to set a standard?

        The analog outputs of each component will be connected to the
        preamps, so each source component will use its own built in dac.

        (4)
        > Will there be dark beer?

        No. It's a two hour meeting followed by lunch at a local restaurant.
        Nothing to drink but coke and coffee.