It's A Long Drive to Houston...

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      But it might be worth it Saturday, when the Houston Audio Society
      will find out whether ones and zeros from a computer hard drive sound
      different from ones and zeros from a 4" polycarbonate disk. For this
      meeting we'll compare my unmodded Squeezebox 3, a pull-out-all-the-
      stops Bolder Cable Company modded Squeezebox 2, and a Maui Mods
      modded Transporter versus a similarly priced Arcam CD player.

      This comparison will be done on my main system with the Selah Audio
      XT-8 line arrays driven by a Moscode 401HR amp. This amplifier is
      everything its maker, George Kaye, and the reviewers say it is. Too
      bad it costs five big ones or I would order one today. One of our
      members is off to Singapore for a month, and not wanting him to leave
      a fotune in high end electronics unguarded at his apartment I
      volunteered to equipment sit for him. Being a nice and considerate
      guy, I even agreed to keep it warm while he's away.

      RSVP not required; just show up at my house between 9:00 and 10:00.
      Meeting information at the HAS link below. Search the messages for
      the official meeting announcement which includes directions.

      http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/moscode/401.html