The Axiom AMps reurtn for the Holdays

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
      Last year's DAC members' feedback on the Axiom Amps' sound
      performance was so helpful. Bob and I thought it would be a good idea
      to bring them back for more listening sessions.

      We have refined the circuit based on feedback from those sessions,
      reviews can be found at http://www.chimeralabs.com/reviews_amps.html
      and Bob Hoekstra tells me the improvement in sound performance is
      significant. I was pretty happy with them last year so I am looking
      forward to hearing the "changes".

      They are scheduled to up and running at Scott Sheaffer's in Wylie
      from December 21st thru the 25th connected to the Azzolina Audio's
      Gran Sfera Horn speakers. http://www.azzolinaaudio.com/

      Then they will be at Bob Spense's from Decemeber 26th to January 2nd
      connected to the MaxxHorn speakers. http://www.maxxhorn.com/

      Scott will be in Houston this week and he will post an invitation to
      DAC members with contact information and his address when he returns.

      Bob will also post his invitation to DAC members with contact and
      address information.

      Scott, Bob and I are very interested in your evaluations about the
      Axiom Amps and their speakers. So please bring your "reference"
      recordings and your Golden Ears for some Serious Listening and
      Feedback.

      In addition to any Dallas Audio Members who participate, I will
      invite a few friends and customers that wanted to hear them. I will
      also send personal invitations to the DAC members who participated
      last year. Their feedback was very helpful. Of course I will be happy
      to answer any questions anyone might have.

      Due to Family commitments, Bob Hoekstra will only be there on the
      21st and 26th. Since I am behind on orders and I am still working on
      the production Axiom layouts I will only be able to attend a few days
      as well.

      I hope everyone enjoys the Holiday Season,

      Dennis
    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
        By the way, reurtn is Uighur for Happy Holidays. It's pronounced
        rootin, as in Hey Ma, the pigs are rootin in the garden!

        Well actually, it was a typo....as was AMps. Too little time, fingers
        too fat for the keyboard.

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <chimeraone@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
          Dennis,
          Looking forward to these sessions! Hope to see everyone and hear
          these new products soon! jim...
          wrote:

          > Last year's DAC members' feedback on the Axiom Amps' sound
          > performance was so helpful. Bob and I thought it would be a good
          idea
          > to bring them back for more listening sessions.
          >
          > We have refined the circuit based on feedback from those sessions,
          > reviews can be found at
          http://www.chimeralabs.com/reviews_amps.html
          > and Bob Hoekstra tells me the improvement in sound performance is
          > significant. I was pretty happy with them last year so I am looking
          > forward to hearing the "changes".
          >
          > They are scheduled to up and running at Scott Sheaffer's in Wylie
          > from December 21st thru the 25th connected to the Azzolina Audio's
          > Gran Sfera Horn speakers. http://www.azzolinaaudio.com/
          >
          > Then they will be at Bob Spense's from Decemeber 26th to January
          2nd
          > connected to the MaxxHorn speakers. http://www.maxxhorn.com/
          >
          > Scott will be in Houston this week and he will post an invitation
          > DAC members with contact information and his address when he
          returns.

          > Bob will also post his invitation to DAC members with contact and
          > address information.
          >
          > Scott, Bob and I are very interested in your evaluations about the
          > Axiom Amps and their speakers. So please bring your "reference"
          > recordings and your Golden Ears for some Serious Listening and
          > Feedback.
          >
          > In addition to any Dallas Audio Members who participate, I will
          > invite a few friends and customers that wanted to hear them. I will
          > also send personal invitations to the DAC members who participated
          > last year. Their feedback was very helpful. Of course I will be
          happy
          > to answer any questions anyone might have.
          >
          > Due to Family commitments, Bob Hoekstra will only be there on the
          > 21st and 26th. Since I am behind on orders and I am still working
          on
          > the production Axiom layouts I will only be able to attend a few
          days
          > as well.
          >
          > I hope everyone enjoys the Holiday Season,
          >
          > Dennis

        • drspenceii
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 22, 2006
            Seasons Greetings Members!!!

            Beginning the day after Christmas, My home will be open to DAC members
            and all music lovers for listening to the Axion 300B amplifiers with
            the MaxxHorn Immersion Loudspeakers.

            Please call me 972-618-6787 and tell me when you prefer to join us.
            I will hold a time.

            Bob Spence
            2601 Chadbourne Drive
            Plano, Texas 75023

            I have been ask to limit each session to four audio enthusiasts. This
            will provide a more enjoyable setting for detailed listening session
            in order to provide Dennis and I quality feedback on Axiom and MaxxHorn.

            To assure a quality listening environment, there will be a separate
            room for guests to meet, talk quietly, enjoy refreshments and to catch
            up the latest audio chat. Dennis and I ask that talking be kept to a
            minimum in the listening room as a courtesy to those who come with
            music in hand to listen seriously. Please bring your favorite CD's,
            SACD's, or vinyl records.
            Support equipment: Vacuum State Level 5+ modified SACD/CD player; Rega
            P3 through a Hagerman Octal Cornet Phono stage.

            Please call me 972-618-6787 and tell me when you prefer to join us.
            I will hold a time.

            Tuesday, December 26.
            Morning for set-up and break-in. Listening 12PM - 8PM

            Wednesday, December 27. 4PM - 9PM

            Thursday, December 28. 10AM - 4PM

            Saturday, December 30. 10AM - 6PM

            Thank you for coming.

            Bob Spence
            MaxxHorn

            Please call me 972-618-6787 and tell me when you prefer to join us.
            I will hold a time.

            --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <chimeraone@...> wrote:

            > Last year's DAC members' feedback on the Axiom Amps' sound
            > performance was so helpful. Bob and I thought it would be a good idea
            > to bring them back for more listening sessions.
            >
            > We have refined the circuit based on feedback from those sessions,
            > reviews can be found at http://www.chimeralabs.com/reviews_amps.html
            > and Bob Hoekstra tells me the improvement in sound performance is
            > significant. I was pretty happy with them last year so I am looking
            > forward to hearing the "changes".
            >
            > They are scheduled to up and running at Scott Sheaffer's in Wylie
            > from December 21st thru the 25th connected to the Azzolina Audio's
            > Gran Sfera Horn speakers. http://www.azzolinaaudio.com/
            >
            > Then they will be at Bob Spense's from
            > connected to the MaxxHorn speakers. http://www.maxxhorn.com/
            >
            > Scott will be in Houston this week and he will post an invitation to
            > DAC members with contact information and his address when he returns.
            >
            > Bob will also post his invitation to DAC members with contact and
            > address information.
            >
            > Scott, Bob and I are very interested in your evaluations about the
            > Axiom Amps and their speakers. So please bring your "reference"
            > recordings and your Golden Ears for some Serious Listening and
            > Feedback.
            >
            > In addition to any Dallas Audio Members who participate, I will
            > invite a few friends and customers that wanted to hear them. I will
            > also send personal invitations to the DAC members who participated
            > last year. Their feedback was very helpful. Of course I will be happy
            > to answer any questions anyone might have.
            >
            > Due to Family commitments, Bob Hoekstra will only be there on the
            > 21st and 26th. Since I am behind on orders and I am still working on
            > the production Axiom layouts I will only be able to attend a few days
            > as well.
            >
            > I hope everyone enjoys the Holiday Season,
            >
            > Dennis

          • drspenceii
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 29, 2006
              Hello Members,

              For those who have not heard the Axiom amplifiers with the MaxxHorns,
              plan to join us on Saturday or Sunday. Very Sweet and detailed! Axiom
              is a very low noise amplifier that is perfect for high efficiency
              loudspeakers.

              In order to accommodate more members and their guests, I have expanded
              the hours Saturday from 10 AM until 10 PM. I am also adding hours on
              Sunday, Noon until 4 PM.

              RSVP, please 972-618-6787

              Bring your favorite music.

              See You Soon,