RE: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Next DAC meet Dec 9th noon to 6pm

  • Dave Thomas
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2006

      Please count me in. I am a new member and hope to learn much. I have a Lite Audio Model 62. It is a modified version of the model 60. I would be glad to bring it if there is interest in it hearing it.

      Thanks,

      Dave

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006
        Financial issues are forcing me to sell my whole system. All my
        components are listed on Audiogon:

        Audio Electronic Supply AE-3 DJH Tube Pre-amp w/ Remote
        Audio Electronic Supply Six Pacs Tube Monoblock Amps
        B&W Nautilus 805 Speakers (Cherrywood) + Sanus Stands
        REL Acoustics Strata mkIII Subwoofer (Cherrywood)
        Teres Audio 255 Turntable (Monkeywood)
        Origin Live Silver Tonearm
        Shelter 501 mk II Cartridge
        Wright Sound WPP-100c Tube Pre-amp
        PS Audio xStream Statements Interconnect / Cryoed by Lee at Cryo-
        Freeze (3 pair)

        If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

        - Nicholas Renter
      • hileman65
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006
          Hi Frank, Count me in too. I'm also a new member to the group.
          If there is anything I can bring, besides Beer, let me know.

          Thanks, Paul

          wrote:

          > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
          > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
          please
          > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
          > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
          > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
          > audio gear you want!
          >

          > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
          > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
          have
          > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
          > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
          > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
          of
          > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

          > 4009 Andrew ave
          > Denton TX 7621
          >

          > BYOB please
          >

          > Thanks
          >

          > Frank

        • hileman65
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006

            wrote:

            > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
            > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
            please
            > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
            > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
            > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
            > audio gear you want!
            >

            > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
            > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
            have
            > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
            > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
            > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
            of
            > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

            > 4009 Andrew ave
            > Denton TX 7621
            >

            > BYOB please
            >

            > Thanks
            >

            > Frank

          • Nicholas Renter
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 29, 2006
              My toys are moving fast...here's what I have left (in case you are interested):

              Audio Electronic Supply AE-3 DJH Tube Pre-amp w/ Remote
              Audio Electronic Supply Six Pacs Tube Monoblock Amps
              Bello Equipment Rack (for picture, see listings on Audiogon for the other equipment).

              For full details, see listings at Audiogon. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

              - Nicholas Renter

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 2, 2006
                Hey Guys,
                Don't forget our pal Frank Conner is hosting a club meeting
                December 9th in his home. Address in his post below. I'm hauling two
                sets of speakers and some tricked out Dynaco amps, maybe more. I'm
                going to be selling some things. OOPS, I see the zip code comes up
                short a number short. Frank??? jim...
                wrote:

                > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
                please
                > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                > audio gear you want!
                >

                > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
                have
                > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
                > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

                > 4009 Andrew ave
                > Denton TX 7621
                >

                > BYOB please
                >

                > Thanks
                >

                > Frank

              • Dave Thomas
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 2, 2006

                  I am new to the group so I am a little unsure what interests the group might have. I have a modified version of the Lite Audio Model 60. It has Mcap super MKP gold caps in the output buffer stages and ENLA, Solen and Kendieil caps through the rest of the circuitry. I would be glad to bring it if there is any interest, I also have a couple of new speaker designs that I will try to bring one is a Seas two way that is currently awaiting parts for the crossover, so if I get it voiced I will bring them along.

                  Dave

                  wrote:

                  > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                  > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
                  please
                  > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                  > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                  > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                  > audio gear you want!
                  >

                  > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                  > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
                  have
                  > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                  > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
                  > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                  > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…
                  >

                  > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ dallasaudioclub/
                  >

                  > 4009 Andrew ave
                  > Denton
                  w:st="on">TX 7621

                  > BYOB please
                  >

                  > Thanks
                  >

                  > Frank

                • oscar_in_fw
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                    Frank,

                    that private email I tried to send you bounced. I plan on making at
                    least a cameo.

                    wrote:

                    > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                    > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm? I will provide lunch and if you would please
                    > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                    > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                    > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                    > audio gear you want!
                    >

                    > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                    > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will have
                    > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                    > Rogue M120 mono amps? CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully a
                    > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                    > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table?

                    > 4009 Andrew ave
                    > Denton TX 7621
                    >

                    > BYOB please
                    >

                    > Thanks
                    >

                    > Frank

                  • russman_dac
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                      I'll be there too Frank, but I won't eat much ;) I think I'll get
                      Thatcher out of his coffin and make him come too.
                    • russman_dac
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                        Nick - If the 6-packs are around after CES, I'll drop you a line. The
                        audio kitty is dry until then.