Re: Next DAC meet Dec 9th noon to 6pm

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2006
      Hi Frank,
      Count me in. What can I do to help? jim...

      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "budandfun" <Bear-hifi@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
      > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
      please
      > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
      > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
      > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
      > audio gear you want!
      >

      > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
      > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
      have
      > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
      > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
      > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
      of
      > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

      > 4009 Andrew ave
      > Denton TX 7621
      >

      > BYOB please
      >

      > Thanks
      >

      > Frank

    • Dave Thomas
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 11, 2006

        Please count me in. I am a new member and hope to learn much. I have a Lite Audio Model 62. It is a modified version of the model 60. I would be glad to bring it if there is interest in it hearing it.

        Thanks,

        Dave

        wrote:

        > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
        > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
        please
        > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
        > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
        > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
        > audio gear you want!
        >

        > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
        > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
        have
        > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
        > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
        > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
        of
        > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…
        >

        > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ dallasaudioclub/
        >

        > 4009 Andrew ave
        > Denton
        w:st="on">TX 7621

        > BYOB please
        >

        > Thanks
        >

        > Frank

      • Nicholas Renter
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006
          Financial issues are forcing me to sell my whole system. All my
          components are listed on Audiogon:

          Audio Electronic Supply AE-3 DJH Tube Pre-amp w/ Remote
          Audio Electronic Supply Six Pacs Tube Monoblock Amps
          B&W Nautilus 805 Speakers (Cherrywood) + Sanus Stands
          REL Acoustics Strata mkIII Subwoofer (Cherrywood)
          Teres Audio 255 Turntable (Monkeywood)
          Origin Live Silver Tonearm
          Shelter 501 mk II Cartridge
          Wright Sound WPP-100c Tube Pre-amp
          PS Audio xStream Statements Interconnect / Cryoed by Lee at Cryo-
          Freeze (3 pair)

          If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

          - Nicholas Renter
        • hileman65
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006
            Hi Frank, Count me in too. I'm also a new member to the group.
            If there is anything I can bring, besides Beer, let me know.

            Thanks, Paul

            wrote:

            > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
            > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
            please
            > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
            > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
            > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
            > audio gear you want!
            >

            > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
            > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
            have
            > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
            > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
            > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
            of
            > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

            > 4009 Andrew ave
            > Denton TX 7621
            >

            > BYOB please
            >

            > Thanks
            >

            > Frank

          • hileman65
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006

              wrote:

              > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
              > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
              please
              > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
              > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
              > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
              > audio gear you want!
              >

              > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
              > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
              have
              > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
              > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
              > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
              of
              > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

              > 4009 Andrew ave
              > Denton TX 7621
              >

              > BYOB please
              >

              > Thanks
              >

              > Frank

            • Nicholas Renter
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 29, 2006
                My toys are moving fast...here's what I have left (in case you are interested):

                Audio Electronic Supply AE-3 DJH Tube Pre-amp w/ Remote
                Audio Electronic Supply Six Pacs Tube Monoblock Amps
                Bello Equipment Rack (for picture, see listings on Audiogon for the other equipment).

                For full details, see listings at Audiogon. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

                - Nicholas Renter

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 2, 2006
                  Hey Guys,
                  Don't forget our pal Frank Conner is hosting a club meeting
                  December 9th in his home. Address in his post below. I'm hauling two
                  sets of speakers and some tricked out Dynaco amps, maybe more. I'm
                  going to be selling some things. OOPS, I see the zip code comes up
                  short a number short. Frank??? jim...
                  wrote:

                  > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                  > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
                  please
                  > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                  > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                  > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                  > audio gear you want!
                  >

                  > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                  > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
                  have
                  > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                  > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
                  > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                  > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

                  > 4009 Andrew ave
                  > Denton TX 7621
                  >

                  > BYOB please
                  >

                  > Thanks
                  >

                  > Frank

                • Dave Thomas
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 2, 2006

                    I am new to the group so I am a little unsure what interests the group might have. I have a modified version of the Lite Audio Model 60. It has Mcap super MKP gold caps in the output buffer stages and ENLA, Solen and Kendieil caps through the rest of the circuitry. I would be glad to bring it if there is any interest, I also have a couple of new speaker designs that I will try to bring one is a Seas two way that is currently awaiting parts for the crossover, so if I get it voiced I will bring them along.

                    Dave

                    wrote:

                    > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                    > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
                    please
                    > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                    > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                    > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                    > audio gear you want!
                    >

                    > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                    > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
                    have
                    > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                    > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
                    > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                    > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…
                    >

                    > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ dallasaudioclub/
                    >

                    > 4009 Andrew ave
                    > Denton
                    w:st="on">TX 7621

                    > BYOB please
                    >

                    > Thanks
                    >

                    > Frank

                  • oscar_in_fw
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                      Frank,

                      that private email I tried to send you bounced. I plan on making at
                      least a cameo.

                      wrote:

                      > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                      > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm? I will provide lunch and if you would please
                      > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                      > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                      > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                      > audio gear you want!
                      >

                      > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                      > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will have
                      > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                      > Rogue M120 mono amps? CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully a
                      > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                      > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table?

                      > 4009 Andrew ave
                      > Denton TX 7621
                      >

                      > BYOB please
                      >

                      > Thanks
                      >

                      > Frank

                    • russman_dac
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                        I'll be there too Frank, but I won't eat much ;) I think I'll get
                        Thatcher out of his coffin and make him come too.
                      • russman_dac
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                          Nick - If the 6-packs are around after CES, I'll drop you a line. The
                          audio kitty is dry until then.