Next DAC meet Dec 9th noon to 6pm

  • budandfun
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 10, 2006
      Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
      on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would please
      let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
      for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
      about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
      audio gear you want!

      I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
      have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will have
      a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
      Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully a
      new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
      Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

      4009 Andrew ave
      Denton TX 7621

      BYOB please

      Thanks

      Frank
    • M Childs
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 10, 2006
        Hi Frank,

        I plan on being there.  Thanks for putting this together.  If you need help with the food,
        feel free to let me know.

        Thanks,
        Mark Childs
        Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
        on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would please
        let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
        for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
        about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
        audio gear you want!

        I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
        have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will have
        a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
        Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully a
        new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
        Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

        http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ dallasaudioclub/

        4009 Andrew ave
        Denton TX 7621

        BYOB please

        Thanks

        Frank

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 11, 2006
          Hi Frank,
          Count me in. What can I do to help? jim...

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "budandfun" <Bear-hifi@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
          > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
          please
          > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
          > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
          > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
          > audio gear you want!
          >

          > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
          > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
          have
          > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
          > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
          > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
          of
          > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

          > 4009 Andrew ave
          > Denton TX 7621
          >

          > BYOB please
          >

          > Thanks
          >

          > Frank

        • Dave Thomas
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 11, 2006

            Please count me in. I am a new member and hope to learn much. I have a Lite Audio Model 62. It is a modified version of the model 60. I would be glad to bring it if there is interest in it hearing it.

            Thanks,

            Dave

            wrote:

            > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
            > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
            please
            > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
            > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
            > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
            > audio gear you want!
            >

            > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
            > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
            have
            > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
            > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
            > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
            of
            > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…
            >

            > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ dallasaudioclub/
            >

            > 4009 Andrew ave
            > Denton
            w:st="on">TX 7621

            > BYOB please
            >

            > Thanks
            >

            > Frank

          • Nicholas Renter
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006
              Financial issues are forcing me to sell my whole system. All my
              components are listed on Audiogon:

              Audio Electronic Supply AE-3 DJH Tube Pre-amp w/ Remote
              Audio Electronic Supply Six Pacs Tube Monoblock Amps
              B&W Nautilus 805 Speakers (Cherrywood) + Sanus Stands
              REL Acoustics Strata mkIII Subwoofer (Cherrywood)
              Teres Audio 255 Turntable (Monkeywood)
              Origin Live Silver Tonearm
              Shelter 501 mk II Cartridge
              Wright Sound WPP-100c Tube Pre-amp
              PS Audio xStream Statements Interconnect / Cryoed by Lee at Cryo-
              Freeze (3 pair)

              If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

              - Nicholas Renter
            • hileman65
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006
                Hi Frank, Count me in too. I'm also a new member to the group.
                If there is anything I can bring, besides Beer, let me know.

                Thanks, Paul

                wrote:

                > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
                please
                > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                > audio gear you want!
                >

                > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
                have
                > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
                > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
                of
                > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

                > 4009 Andrew ave
                > Denton TX 7621
                >

                > BYOB please
                >

                > Thanks
                >

                > Frank

              • hileman65
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 17, 2006

                  wrote:

                  > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                  > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
                  please
                  > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                  > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                  > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                  > audio gear you want!
                  >

                  > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                  > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
                  have
                  > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                  > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
                  > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair
                  of
                  > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

                  > 4009 Andrew ave
                  > Denton TX 7621
                  >

                  > BYOB please
                  >

                  > Thanks
                  >

                  > Frank

                • Nicholas Renter
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 29, 2006
                    My toys are moving fast...here's what I have left (in case you are interested):

                    Audio Electronic Supply AE-3 DJH Tube Pre-amp w/ Remote
                    Audio Electronic Supply Six Pacs Tube Monoblock Amps
                    Bello Equipment Rack (for picture, see listings on Audiogon for the other equipment).

                    For full details, see listings at Audiogon. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

                    - Nicholas Renter

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 2, 2006
                      Hey Guys,
                      Don't forget our pal Frank Conner is hosting a club meeting
                      December 9th in his home. Address in his post below. I'm hauling two
                      sets of speakers and some tricked out Dynaco amps, maybe more. I'm
                      going to be selling some things. OOPS, I see the zip code comes up
                      short a number short. Frank??? jim...
                      wrote:

                      > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                      > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
                      please
                      > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                      > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                      > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                      > audio gear you want!
                      >

                      > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                      > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
                      have
                      > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                      > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
                      > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                      > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…

                      > 4009 Andrew ave
                      > Denton TX 7621
                      >

                      > BYOB please
                      >

                      > Thanks
                      >

                      > Frank

                    • Dave Thomas
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 2, 2006

                        I am new to the group so I am a little unsure what interests the group might have. I have a modified version of the Lite Audio Model 60. It has Mcap super MKP gold caps in the output buffer stages and ENLA, Solen and Kendieil caps through the rest of the circuitry. I would be glad to bring it if there is any interest, I also have a couple of new speaker designs that I will try to bring one is a Seas two way that is currently awaiting parts for the crossover, so if I get it voiced I will bring them along.

                        Dave

                        wrote:

                        > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                        > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm… I will provide lunch and if you would
                        please
                        > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                        > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                        > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                        > audio gear you want!
                        >

                        > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                        > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will
                        have
                        > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                        > Rogue M120 mono amps… CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully
                        > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                        > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table…
                        >

                        > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ dallasaudioclub/
                        >

                        > 4009 Andrew ave
                        > Denton
                        w:st="on">TX 7621

                        > BYOB please
                        >

                        > Thanks
                        >

                        > Frank

                      • oscar_in_fw
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                          Frank,

                          that private email I tried to send you bounced. I plan on making at
                          least a cameo.

                          wrote:

                          > Hello everyone, I would like to open up my house for a DAC meeting
                          > on Dec 9th noon to 6pm? I will provide lunch and if you would please
                          > let me know if you're able to attend so that I have plenty of food
                          > for everyone. We could also take advantage of this time to talk
                          > about the Lone Star Audio Fest if needed. Please bring what ever
                          > audio gear you want!
                          >

                          > I will have the same two rooms available for audio; however I will
                          > have mostly different audio gear from last time. One room will have
                          > a pair of rebuilt Mark Logons 2.6 and Dennis Murphy 3 ways with
                          > Rogue M120 mono amps? CD player and MMF 7 turntable with hopefully a
                          > new Gardo Platinum cart by then. The other room will have a pair of
                          > Beta Horn speakers with heathkit W5s, CD and table?

                          > 4009 Andrew ave
                          > Denton TX 7621
                          >

                          > BYOB please
                          >

                          > Thanks
                          >

                          > Frank

                        • russman_dac
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                            I'll be there too Frank, but I won't eat much ;) I think I'll get
                            Thatcher out of his coffin and make him come too.
                          • russman_dac
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
                              Nick - If the 6-packs are around after CES, I'll drop you a line. The
                              audio kitty is dry until then.