Lone Star Audio Fest

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2006

      A post from Fred...

         Here's a heads up about an event I'm (Fred from Houston) involved in with the Dallas Audio Club and Wayne Parham, webmaster of the AudioRoundTable. We're holding a very informal audio fest in Dallas on May 4, 5, and 6,
      2007. The event will be at the Embassy Suites Market Center.

      The Lone Star Audio Fest will be different from all the other shows
      in several ways: 1) There's no fee for exhibitors, 2) There's no fee
      for visitors, 3) Exhibitors reserve their own suites at the $99/nite
      rate we've negotiated with the hotel, and 4) The primary emphaisis
      is on smaller non-mainstream manufacturers and dealers who sell over
      the internet.

      The LSAF is simply the Great Plains Audio Fest, which we held in
      Tulsa in 2005 and 2006, relocated to Dallas to take advantage of
      that city's central location to hundreds of audiophiles within a 250
      mile radius. It provides an opportunity of audiophiles in the DFW
      area, OK City, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio to attend an audio
      event wihout having to travel more than 1,000 miles. It also
      provides an opportunity to see and hear some internet-sale-only
      components that one cannot hear at a local audio shop.

      Mark this on your calendar as a "must be there" event and plan to
      attend. Even though I don't sell anything, Linda and I have attended
      the GPAF for the past two years and had a wonderful time. See the
      link below for additional information:

      http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2007
        Hello DAC members. Here's the message I'm posting on the audio forums
        this week. The Dallas location makes it a bit easier to get to than
        Tulsa, so I hope everybody will join us.

        The Lone Star Audio Fest will be held at the Embassy Suites Market
        Place in Dallas on May 4th, 5th, and 6th. Unlike the other shows,
        LSAF exhibitors make their own hotel reservations and don't pay a fee
        for participating. The show is free for visitors too. It's all very
        informal, and because there's no fee many small non-mainsteram
        vendors who couldn't afford to participate in the big expensive shows
        come to the LSAF. For this year we have made it even easier by
        getting a $99/nite rate for a two room suite, so it's not necessary
        to have the bed removed, and an exhibitor can sleep in the bedroom
        and exhibit in the other room.

        For the last two years it was held in Tulsa and called the Great
        Plains Audio Fest. For 2007 we decided to move it to Dallas to make
        it more accessible to all the audiophiles in the Dallas Fort Worth
        area, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, etc.

        The LSAF is different from other audio shows. It's the audio
        equivalent of an old-time market day, where on a certain day of the
        month all the people wanting to sell something would set up stalls in
        the town square and the townpeople would come and buy, or just look
        and socialize. Exhibitors will be there with tube and solid state
        amps, speakers, cables, isolation products, etc. Members of the Lone
        Star Bottleheads, the Dallas Audio Club, and the Great Plains Audio
        Club have also reserved suites and will exhibit their DIY components
        and speakers. Seminars are scheduled for the Saturday of the fest.

        See this link for a list of participants, directions, pictures,
        contact information, etc. No rsvp or tickets are required for
        visitors, just come and have a good time. There's still room for
        additional exhibitors too, so if you decide to come contact Wayne
        Parham, who will include a link to your company's web page on the
        exhibitor list.

        http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/
      • fredt300b
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 20 11:35 AM

          Just a reminder that the LSAF will be on May 13-15 at the same Embassy Suites hotel as last year. Here's a link to the LSAF web page: http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

          And here's a link to the LSAF discussion forum on AudioRoundTable:
          http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=42&

          I'll be there exhibiting D-Sonic class D ICEpower amplifiers, with a Cambridge Audio Azur 840C source, a Parasound P3 preamp, a pair of Jim Griffin design CSS-FR125 full range single driver MLTL bipole speakers, and a fridge filled to the bursting point with Texas-brewed adult beverages in AudioFred approved glass bottles.

        • fredt300b
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20 11:39 AM

            Did I forget to mention that entry to my room will be restricted to people who are not offended by deep and powerful bass from a couple of 4.5" full range drivers? :D

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 20 6:34 PM
            • 1 Attachment
            • 46 KB
            It shouldn't bother me!

            To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
            From: audiofred@...
            Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:39:04 +0000
            Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Lone Star Audio Fest

            Did I forget to mention that entry to my room will be restricted to people who are not offended by deep and powerful bass from a couple of 4.5" full range drivers? :D

          • Dave Thomas
            Message 6 of 6 , Feb 20 7:25 PM

              Yep hard to hard to argue with physics, if a pair of 4" drivers are powerful imagine what 9 pairs will be like.

              :)

              Dave

              Inactive hide details for Paul Stewart <musicman32150@...>Paul Stewart <musicman32150@...>

                      Paul Stewart <musicman32150@...>
                      Sent by: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com

                      02/20/2011 08:37 PM

                      Please respond to
                      dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com

              DAC <dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com>

              cc

              Subject

              RE: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Lone Star Audio Fest [1 Attachment]

              [Attachment(s) from Paul Stewart included below]

              It shouldn't bother me!

              To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
              From: audiofred@...
              Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:39:04 +0000