Re: [dallasaudioclub] For Free: 2 speaker cabinets

  • Tom Russell
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31 6:35 PM
      Vinay

      I'd love to have the cabs. I could pick them up either tomorrow, Friday, in the evening to the late evening, or over the weekend if that is not convenient for you. Maybe we could even do it this evening if it would work for you? You can call me 214 area code - 3243 732 if any of this works.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31 6:47 PM
        I have built and listened to lots of single driver speakers and one
        thing Iv learned is that even though the boxes are big they still need
        a small room… If you put them in a room that is too big they will drop
        of the deep end as for as bass goes. I have found that a room around
        12 X 12 should sound good for all single driver speakers… It’s really
        amazing how they go from good bass to nothing at all in just a few
        feet of space…

        With that said I would like to get those cabs from you… However I
        wouldn’t be able to pick them up anytime soon.

        Frank

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "V.G.B." <zobsky@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jim,
        > They go to the dumpster this weekend if no one wants them by then:)
        . They're unfinished 3/4" MDF .

        > If you (or anyone) want them but can't pick them up by the
        weekend, I can attempt to stow them somewhere till then.

        > We have guests coming in this weekend and I've been "asked" to
        either complete or get rid of any unfinished projects!

        > Cheers,
        > Vinay B.
        >
        > Jim Dolan <james.dolan@...> wrote:
        > hey zob-- what happens this weekend? will they go up for sale then?
        i am interested in the boxes....are they finished in any way?

        30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31 9:58 PM
          Claimed, .. thanks for all the inquiries.

        • james.dolan@mindspring.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
            vinay-- would not be able to pick them up until saturday, vinay.  if not already spoken for, i would like to come get them on saturday.  let me know

            214 629 6315

            jd

            I built a pair of these cabinets in MDF some weeks ago on a whim (see design for fostex 126E). I don't think they sound that great with the low Qts fostex that I tried on them (despite all the hype on the internet). To my ear, they do an honest 60 Hz corner loaded and then drop like a rock. They might sound better with a high Qts driver (baffle hole should accept 4 " drivers) with the cabinets lined / stuffed. From memory, the size is approx 4ft L x 7"W x 11"D and they are in MDF with one side removable for now.

            http://www.zillaspe ak.com/bib. asp
            http://www.zillaspe ak.com/bib- fostex.asp

            Anyway, if anyone wants them before this weekend, let me know. I live in plano off park blvd and US 75.

            How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

            Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.