For Free: 2 speaker cabinets

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
      I built a pair of these cabinets in MDF some weeks ago on a whim (see design for fostex 126E). I don't think they sound that great with the low Qts fostex that I tried on them (despite all the hype on the internet). To my ear, they do an honest 60 Hz corner loaded and then drop like a rock. They might sound better with a high Qts driver (baffle hole should accept 4 " drivers) with the cabinets lined / stuffed. From memory, the size is approx 4ft L x 7"W x 11"D and they are in MDF with one side removable for now.

      http://www.zillaspeak.com/bib.asp
      http://www.zillaspeak.com/bib-fostex.asp

      Anyway, if anyone wants them before this weekend, let me know. I live in plano off park blvd and US 75.

    • Jim Dolan
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
        hey zob-- what happens this weekend? will they go up for sale then?   i am interested in the boxes....are they finished in any way?

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
          Hi Jim,
          They go to the dumpster this weekend if no one wants them by then:) . They're unfinished 3/4" MDF .

          If you (or anyone)  want them but can't pick them up by the weekend, I can attempt to stow them somewhere till then.

          We have guests coming in this weekend and I've been "asked" to either complete or get rid of any unfinished projects!

          Cheers,
          Vinay B.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
            Vinay

            I'd love to have the cabs. I could pick them up either tomorrow, Friday, in the evening to the late evening, or over the weekend if that is not convenient for you. Maybe we could even do it this evening if it would work for you? You can call me 214 area code - 3243 732 if any of this works.

            Tom

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
              I have built and listened to lots of single driver speakers and one
              thing Iv learned is that even though the boxes are big they still need
              a small room… If you put them in a room that is too big they will drop
              of the deep end as for as bass goes. I have found that a room around
              12 X 12 should sound good for all single driver speakers… It’s really
              amazing how they go from good bass to nothing at all in just a few
              feet of space…

              With that said I would like to get those cabs from you… However I
              wouldn’t be able to pick them up anytime soon.

              Frank

              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "V.G.B." <zobsky@...> wrote:

              > Hi Jim,
              > They go to the dumpster this weekend if no one wants them by then:)
              . They're unfinished 3/4" MDF .

              > If you (or anyone) want them but can't pick them up by the
              weekend, I can attempt to stow them somewhere till then.

              > We have guests coming in this weekend and I've been "asked" to
              either complete or get rid of any unfinished projects!

              > Cheers,
              > Vinay B.
              >
              > Jim Dolan <james.dolan@...> wrote:
              > hey zob-- what happens this weekend? will they go up for sale then?
              i am interested in the boxes....are they finished in any way?

              30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
                Claimed, .. thanks for all the inquiries.

              • james.dolan@mindspring.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
                  vinay-- would not be able to pick them up until saturday, vinay.  if not already spoken for, i would like to come get them on saturday.  let me know

                  214 629 6315

                  jd

                  I built a pair of these cabinets in MDF some weeks ago on a whim (see design for fostex 126E). I don't think they sound that great with the low Qts fostex that I tried on them (despite all the hype on the internet). To my ear, they do an honest 60 Hz corner loaded and then drop like a rock. They might sound better with a high Qts driver (baffle hole should accept 4 " drivers) with the cabinets lined / stuffed. From memory, the size is approx 4ft L x 7"W x 11"D and they are in MDF with one side removable for now.

                  http://www.zillaspe ak.com/bib. asp
                  http://www.zillaspe ak.com/bib- fostex.asp

                  Anyway, if anyone wants them before this weekend, let me know. I live in plano off park blvd and US 75.

                  How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

                  Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.