Re: Wow! 103 at 4:00

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
      They are Studio One Pi speaker kits installed in 1.3 cu ft towers.
      Each tower is 36"H, 9.5"W, 12"D. They're Baltic birch plywood
      enclosures, so the are quite a bit lighter than mdf. They fit easily
      into the trunk of Linda's Nissan Altima. A similar pair stacked
      easily on the back seat of Luther's crew cab pickup. Picture of one
      of the enclosures at
      http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/132721/2/87432165

      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jim@...> wrote:

      > How big are the speakers? Will they fit in my Chevy Lumina sedan?
      If
      > Russ can't make it, Frank mentioned going. He has a truck. I'll
      let you
      > know. jim...
      > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredaudio@> wrote:
      > >
      > > No wonder you guys have been so quiet for the past couple of
      weeks.
      > > The good news is that it's only 102 in the Austin area, because
      > that's
      > > where the Bottleheads are meeting (Round Rock) on September 10,
      and
      > by
      > > then it probably will have cooled down into the chilly upper
      90's.

      > > It's such an easy trip from Dallas to Round Rock; even easier
      from
      > > Fort Worth. I'll have Russ' new speakers there for their formal
      > > public debut, and hopefully he'll be there to pick them up.
      Otherwise

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
        Of course it's ok with me if you sell them. Regarding the dreaded
        WAF curse, geezeers like Jim Rivers and I could give you free advice
        on the topic of audio negotiations. Years of careful practice have
        elevated our skills to the point where we can have two or more messy
        systems in the house, including 6' tall speakers, with no complaints
        from the signficant other. Of course the downside is that while
        we're training you our wives will be training your wife in the art
        of exacting expensive jewelry, new cars, being taken to the ballet,
        decorating the house with girlie things, etc. in return for a few
        very small favors.

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "V.G.B." <zobsky@...> wrote:

        > Ah, .. the curse of the audiophille, the much dreaded WAF, rears
        its head. Welcome to the other side, my freind : )

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
          OK, I have an email ii for Russ to let us know. I will let you know
          in case I, or others, can't make the meeting. jim...