Wow! 103 at 4:00

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
      No wonder you guys have been so quiet for the past couple of weeks.
      The good news is that it's only 102 in the Austin area, because that's
      where the Bottleheads are meeting (Round Rock) on September 10, and by
      then it probably will have cooled down into the chilly upper 90's.

      It's such an easy trip from Dallas to Round Rock; even easier from
      Fort Worth. I'll have Russ' new speakers there for their formal
      public debut, and hopefully he'll be there to pick them up. Otherwise
      somebody in Dallas will have to host a meeting so I'll have an excuse
      to drive up.

      Information and directions at http://lonestarbottleheads.org/
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
        How big are the speakers? Will they fit in my Chevy Lumina sedan? If
        Russ can't make it, Frank mentioned going. He has a truck. I'll let you
        know. jim...

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
          Ah, .. the curse of the audiophille, the much dreaded WAF, rears its head. Welcome to the other side, my freind :  )

          ns rajiv <nsrajiv@...> wrote:
          Hi Fred,

          I had bought the EZ cabinets from you the last time
          you were here in dallas. I just bought the new speaker
          kit from danny of GR research, and will be building it
          before my wife moves in by oct.
          .

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
            They are Studio One Pi speaker kits installed in 1.3 cu ft towers.
            Each tower is 36"H, 9.5"W, 12"D. They're Baltic birch plywood
            enclosures, so the are quite a bit lighter than mdf. They fit easily
            into the trunk of Linda's Nissan Altima. A similar pair stacked
            easily on the back seat of Luther's crew cab pickup. Picture of one
            of the enclosures at
            http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/132721/2/87432165

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
              Of course it's ok with me if you sell them. Regarding the dreaded
              WAF curse, geezeers like Jim Rivers and I could give you free advice
              on the topic of audio negotiations. Years of careful practice have
              elevated our skills to the point where we can have two or more messy
              systems in the house, including 6' tall speakers, with no complaints
              from the signficant other. Of course the downside is that while
              we're training you our wives will be training your wife in the art
              of exacting expensive jewelry, new cars, being taken to the ballet,
              decorating the house with girlie things, etc. in return for a few
              very small favors.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
                OK, I have an email ii for Russ to let us know. I will let you know
                in case I, or others, can't make the meeting. jim...