Re: [dallasaudioclub] Hello to all

  • Richard Rea
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 26, 2006
      Welcome to the group Ish.
      I'm fairly new myself and do not know anyone though.

      Richard Rea
      a man of few words :)

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
        Welcome Ish,
        Dennis has said good thinks about you. Do you still have those giant
        tube amps? Believe it or not, a friend in Nashville says I HAVE to hear
        those. jim...
        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "dr_ish_a" <dr_ish_a@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello guys
        >

        > This is Ish from Arlington. In fact, I know several of you.
        >
        > Glad to be here.

      • john j via
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
          YES, Jim, you and Lebowitz need to get over there.  Ish, if you have those amps, we probably have a mutual friend in Kirk Hammond, his house is where I 1st heard them

          wrote:

          > Hello guys
          >

          > This is Ish from Arlington. In fact, I know several of you.
          >
          > Glad to be here.

        • dr_ish_a
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
            Thanks Dennis, hello Richard.

            Dennis, how have you been?

            > Hi Ish,
            >

            > Welcome aboard.
            >

            > Best Regards,

          • dr_ish_a
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
              Hello Jim:

              Thanks. I have been to your house once.

              I myself have good things to say about Dennis. He is a great guy,
              and very knowledgeable.

              yes, I have 4 monoblocks of Tube Research GT-400s. They outperform
              the Jadis JA-500, which I have just sold. The strength of the TRL
              amps is not that they are giant but they have the best sound of out
              all the amps that I have listened to or lived with including all
              tube and solid states.

              Bring the friend from Nashville along and some original Elvis LPs :)

              Yes, you are welcome to come and listen to them driving my Apogee
              Fullrange.

              > Welcome Ish,
              > Dennis has said good thinks about you. Do you still have those
              giant
              > tube amps? Believe it or not, a friend in Nashville says I HAVE to
              hear
              > those. jim...
              > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "dr_ish_a" <dr_ish_a@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello guys
              > >

              > > This is Ish from Arlington. In fact, I know several of you.
              > >
              > > Glad to be here.

            • dr_ish_a
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
                That is great, John.

                We will have to do the gathering after July 16 as I am unavailable
                before that.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
                  By the way, the details of my current setup at at audiogon:

                  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1066703453&read&3&4&