RE: [dallasaudioclub] Single Driver MLTL Bipole Speakers

  • james.dolan@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2006
      super cool, fred!

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Fred
      Sent: 5/25/2006 12:15:55 PM
      Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Single Driver MLTL Bipole Speakers

      Here's the link to a first picture of my version of the full range
      single driver MLTL bipole speakers I heard in Jim Griffin's room at
      the GPAF. I completed the enclosures just this morning, so they're
      still not veneered. The kit is available from Creative Sound Solutions.

      The forward-firing full range CR125S drivers produce the full
      frequency spectrum without the treble peaks and other artifacts often
      heard with Fostex and Lowther drivers, along with surprisingly deep
      bass for a 4.5" driver. The drivers are only 86dB sensitivity, and the
      front and rear drivers are wired in parallel resulting in a four ohm
      load, so they are not intended for use with low powered tube SET
      amplfiers. The 40W/ch Monarchy class A zero feedback solid state amp
      I'm using to break them appears to be a good match.

      http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/132721/1/71519398