Re: FredAudio F8's Completed

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2006
      For those who aren't familiar, the Eros MKII plans are found at
      http://www.speakerbuilder.net/web_files/default.htm

      I can't say enough good things about them. They use fairly expensive
      parts (about $700 total without the enclosures) that come together
      very well in this design. Everybody in the Houston club who has
      heard them has been favorable impressed, including a member who
      built the far more expensive Northcreek Catamount speakers. Luther
      Ward's comments when he first heard them was that "they do
      everything well". The designer uses them with an 8 watt 300B amp,
      but I have found they need about 40 tube watts to achieve their full
      potential. The Eros MKII crossover is designed for use with tube
      amps, while the origianl Eros design is optimized for solid state.

      http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/132721/1/4853750

      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, <mdchilds1155@...> wrote:

      > Fred,
      >
      > I noticed from your website that you've built a pair of EROS MKII
      speakers. How do you like them?

      > Mark
      >
      > Fred <fredaudio@...> wrote :
      >
      > > I finally got around to veneering the speakers I brought to the
      > > meeting at Frank's house Saturday. The sound the same veneered
      as they
      > > did naked, but they sure look nicer. I'll be taking them to the
      GPAF.