Re: [dallasaudioclub] FredAudio F8's Completed

  • mdchilds1155@mesh.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2006
      Fred,

      I noticed from your website that you've built a pair of EROS MKII speakers. How do you like them?

      Mark

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2006
        For those who aren't familiar, the Eros MKII plans are found at
        http://www.speakerbuilder.net/web_files/default.htm

        I can't say enough good things about them. They use fairly expensive
        parts (about $700 total without the enclosures) that come together
        very well in this design. Everybody in the Houston club who has
        heard them has been favorable impressed, including a member who
        built the far more expensive Northcreek Catamount speakers. Luther
        Ward's comments when he first heard them was that "they do
        everything well". The designer uses them with an 8 watt 300B amp,
        but I have found they need about 40 tube watts to achieve their full
        potential. The Eros MKII crossover is designed for use with tube
        amps, while the origianl Eros design is optimized for solid state.

        http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/132721/1/4853750