[dallasaudioclub] WANTED - Vintage Tube Receiver

  • tim nickerson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2004

      I'm looking for a vintage tube receiver such as a Fisher 500C/B or 400 or Scott or something similiar to use as a  second system in the bedroom.

      Any recommendations on receivers? I have been reading on Internet and discovered Fisher 500C/B or 400. But I have never heard any of these tube receivers. I started with Pioneer Receivers back in the 70s.

      Anything to avoid?

      Any recommended sources in Dallas Fort Worth area?

      Thanks in advance for any help

      Look forward to joing you one of these Thursday nights. Weekends are usually better for me.

      I will be at the Bottlehead meeting in Dallas on 11 Sep.

    • Russ
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2004
        I may have know of a couple, I want to say a Sherwood and an Eico
        Tube receiver for sure, probably more.

        It will be Sunday afternoon before I check my 'source'.

        Cheers,
        Russ
      • tim nickerson
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2004
          Russ

          Thanks - look forward to hearing from you.

          Tim

          --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

          > I may have know of a couple, I want to say a
          > Sherwood and an Eico
          > Tube receiver for sure, probably more.
          >
          > It will be Sunday afternoon before I check my
          > 'source'.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Russ

        • Russ
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2004
            Ok, we have a working clean Scott for sure. I also have access to a
            400 and 500, waiting to hear back on what kind of shape they are in.

            The Eico has sat for a LONG time, and has some minor cosmetic issues,
            so I'm taking it OUT of the loop, for now.

            Cheers,
            Russ
          • Russ
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2004
              Brought a Fisher 400 inside today, putting it on the variac tonight.
              CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN unit. I'll make sure to bring it to the meet. I
              have some 500's and a couple 800's also. The 400 just caught my eye,
              so I chose to start on it.

              Cheers,
              Russ