Tube Amp Central

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 5:56 PM
      Well Frank,
          You are right. Last Saturday was a blast. Thanks again. Thank you so much for hosting again!  I've been very busy since then on the work bench and in the sound room. I put in the "Ken Valliant" amps in my system. The ones you guys heard Saturday. I was very upset that they were dead quiet compared to my "reference" amps. Ken Leibowitz had already called me to task because of the low level hum/buzz in the sound room. I told him it didn't bother me. But it did this afternoon compared to the "Valliant" amps. Sooo.... I put my reference Delesandri amps on the work bench and did some tweaks. They are now as quiet, if not quieter than as the Valliant amps. The trick? I do believe the same one used to make the Silent Source power cables make such a positive difference. And it didn't cost $600!
            Oh yes. One more thing Frank. Your amps have been repaired. I replaced and matched 16 or 18 new resistors, replaced a microphonic input tube and found an old 270 picofarad cap that was leaking. Very strange as it was draining 25% of the B+ voltage off the first tube. I've never seen that before. Also the low level spit/sputter noise you may have noticed is gone too. Each amp measures within a volt or two of the other. Haven't listened in the house yet. Just the work bench.

      Ò¿Ò   jim...